Part 17

YENNEFERS POV

YENNEFERS POV

I sighed in content as I stretched my limbs above my head, my toes curling as the soft fur blanket fell down my naked shoulder just a tad. I rolled over onto my side and went to pull y/n into my chest, being met with cold sheets as my eyes shot open. The Witcher was gone and in her place was wrinkly sheets from where she lie. I pouted ever so slightly, hating not waking up to her after we spent a night making love when all I wanted to see was her smile at me and whisper a soft good morning.

My bare feet touched the cold cobblestone floor as I dropped the blanket, a chill traveling up my spine as I got dressed in my long black dress, a long slit in the front that made my breasts looked quite good if I do say so myself. Putting on my boots, I combed my hair, deciding to do a braid in the front that wrapped around my head.

"Good morning." I greeted the queen once I entered the dining hall, taking a seat as a maid placed a plate in front of me.

"Morning. Sleep well?" Ciri asked taking a small drink from her cup.

I nodded, thanking the maid as she filled my plate with all sorts of breakfast foods, "I did. You?"

Ciri shrugged, "I have had better nights sleep. This baby certainly makes most nights rather difficult."

"Do you regret it?" I asked rather softly, afraid of upsetting the queen who has been so kind to y/n and I.

"No." Ciri replied instantly, "Rather blessed actually. I'd rather have a child on my own terms and not my grandmothers."

"What do you mean?"

"My grandmother wanted me to get married so I could bare children as my heirs to the throne. That's all a woman is, really. A vessel for children to continue the family tree. They're just objects to men. I'm glad I'm having this child with y/n than a lords son." The ashen haired woman explained, taking a bite of her food as I did the same.

"Yes, I'm sure anyone would love to bare y/ns children." My tone was rather hostile as I swallowed my food.

"No need to be jealous, Yennefer. I have no interest in the Witcher other than making sure she gets to be around her future son or daughter. Y/n and I are just friends and nothing more. Besides, I see the way she looks at you and you her. The gods have fated you both together."

"I'm not sure I believe in fate. I believed it when I was a child that y/n and I would always be together.. and then the mages came and took me away from her."

"But here you both are together again." Ciri smiled.

"Yes," I nodded my head, "But who says the gods won't try and split us up again, for good this time. I don't believe the elves are truly gone and when they come back they will come back stronger. I am unsure if fate wishes us to be together, or be in each others lives but still too far away to touch."

"If that was the case, you and her would not be in each others beds every night lying naked side by side. Fate is a funny thing but I have learned that we are all fated and all you have to do is live out the path intended for us."

I nodded, smiling softly as I took another bite of my breakfast, chewing and swallowing before speaking again, "Where is y/n by the way? She wasn't here when I woke."

"She went out last night, said she had some business to take care of. She didn't tell me where she went."

My cutlery clattered against my plate as I dropped it, clenching my jaw as my heart started beating against my chest.

YOUR POV

"Why are the vampires letting elven soldiers in their castle?" Jaskier asked as him and I peaked around a few trees.

"The elves made a deal with the vampires so that they would aid them in the war. They must be here to make another deal." I replied watching the soldiers go right into the front gate.

"So not only are you going to fight off an entire coven of vampires, but you're going to fight off a small army of elven soldiers?" Jaskier asked incredously.

"That's right."

"Well at this point you might as well be dead! What do you want your headstone to say? How about, I'm an idiot!" Jaskier scoffed, throwing his hands up.

"Shut up, Jaskier!" I hissed, "You're coming in with me."

"WHAT?! Oh, no, no, no, no! I will not!" He shrieked.

"Come on, imagine the story you could tell the woman of Cintra. You'd be a hero! Woman love heroes." I gripped his shoulder, "People would sing about this day for the rest of theirs lives!"

"You're right. Okay, I will go with you. I shall go in fighting!"

"Okay now you've gone too far. All you have to do is act scared and keep your mouth shut."

"There will be no acting, I'm trembling already." Jaskier mumbled.

"Lets go." I gripped the back of his neck as we emerged from the forest line and towards the shore, the snow flakes falling down on us as we walked across the frozen lake.

"How did the elves even get here? The lake is frozen."

"They must have a mage with them."

Jaskier and I walked along the large stone bridge where statues of gargoyles sat, staring at us as the snow pelted down upon us. I grunted opening the large wooden doors, feeling the chill only intensify as we stood in the spacious castle.

"Elizabeth!" I called as we descended the steps into the throne room where two long table sat across from each other, both filled with twenty or more vampires hissing and staring at me as blood ran down their chins.

The elves turned around, instantly charging at me.

"Leave her alone!" Elizabeth, the covens queen commanded and they stopped, their blades tip at my throat. "Haven't seen you in awhile, y/n. How are things?"

"Oh you know, slay a few monsters here and there, bed a few woman.. the same as it's always been." I shrugged nonchalantly as I looked around the coven, noticing a few more vampires watch from the balcony.

"And your brother?" The queen asked with a smirk as she sat down on her throne.

"I think you know the answer to that."

"What brings you here? One of my members informed me you'd come and slaughter our coven when the war was over. But the war is far from over and yet here you are... and with a friend." Her vibrant red eyes narrowed in on Jaskier as he gulped.

"This bard?" I scoffed, "Merely cattle I have brought to you." I pushed him towards the queen as he fell to his knees.

"And what do we owe for such pleasures?" The queen purred.

"Just my satisfaction when I kill you all, nothing too unreasonable I hope." I smirked as I tossed my head back and drank a Witcher potion, my eyes turning pitch black as I drew my steel and silver swords.

The elves drew their swords as well, slowly inching towards me as the bloodsuckers hissed.

"Foolish Witcher, you won't make it out of this coven alive. I hope you know that."

"We shall see."