Part 21

The blood moon was tomorrow and my teeth and bones ached as I closed my chamber door behind me, dreading the short adventure to the valley of fog where my prison for the night awaited

"Y/n, there you are!" Ciri smiled when she saw me, the guards legate following close behind her.

"My queen." I acknowledged, noticing the baby bump becoming increasingly bigger now that she was six months along.

"I was talking to the legate here about you possibly training some of the guards. We both can agree that this war is far from over, from what some of them have told me after you destroyed the vampires coven."

I hummed, not really paying attention due to the lack of sleep I got last night, "I'd be more than willing to train some of your men."

"Perfect! Whenever you can start would be lovely, you look like you're headed some where so I'll let you be off." Ciri smiled at me and I nodded once more.

"Have you seen Yennefer by chance?" I asked before she could walk away.

"I have not. If I find her, I'll tell her you wish to speak to her."

"No, no... that's okay. Thank you. Do you need anything while I'm out?"

"No, it can wait for when you return."

I nodded and turned on my heel and walked out of the castle doors and down the bridge into the town.

"Y/n!" Jaskier smiled as he ran over to me and draped his arm over my shoulder. "What did you think of the song?"

"Please go away, Jaskier." I grumbled as I removed his arm from my body.

"Not until you answer the question." He sang.

"The song was good. There, now if you'll excuse me." I huffed walking past him and soon making my way out of the castle walls.

Was Yennefer not content with just having sex? Ugh, you're not content with just having sex either you idiot! I rolled my eyes at myself. Yes we've established that we're both important to eachother but that didn't mean she liked me. Ciri was important to me and she carried my child, didn't mean I liked her romantically. Geralt was important to me and look what happened to him and no, I'm not saying Yen can't take care of herself, I'm just saying... God what am I saying? There's more important things to think about than my love life right now. There's a war that needs to be won.

"If only you could see me now, Geralt." I shook my head as I muttered to myself, "Lambert was right, that fucking bastard. Never sleep with a sorceress."

I came across the large steel cage, hidden away between the trees and covered in thick layers of moss. I just hope this thing could keep me contained, I was tired of killing people who had no reason to die. Stripping off my clothes and armor, I set them and my swords inside a hole in a tree for safe keeping. The cage door creaked open as I entered, locking it from the inside as I chained my wrists and ankles up.