Part 19

YOUR POV

YOUR POV

"How'd you find me?" I mumbled quietly as I was wrapped up in the thick fur coat Yen wore, her body placed delicatly between my legs as we shared warmth.

"Queen Cirilla said you had some buisness to take care of. I knew that you had to have gone after the vampire coven so I gathered some men, much to the queens okay, and teleported us all here."

"I'm glad you're here." I kissed her forehead as I intertwined our fingers together.

"You nearly died in there. Stupid of you to go in alone." Yen mumbled iritably.

"I wasn't alone, I had Jaskier." I teased lightly. Yen shook her head, not seeing the joke at all in this situation.

"I don't think this war is far from over." I sighed heavily as I watched the guards cook over the camp fire.

"Me either. But I know it will be a lot easier to claim victory now that the vampires are gone. I doubt they'd make a pact with another coven."

"No." I agreed, "But I'm even more of a threat to them now than I was before. They'll send some scouts or an assassin even to try to kill me."

"Then we won't let that happen." Yen told me softly as she pulled my face down to hers by my chin, connecting our lips in a kiss.

Jaskier began laughing like a little kid as he slumped against a tree.

"What's so funny?" I asked, raising an eybrow as I broke the kiss.

"Nothing." He waved his hand, giggling again, "I'm going to write a song about you two."

"I am honored, truly." The sorceress laughed lightly, turning around and pecking my lips. "We shall camp here for the night. I am too weak to make a portal that big for all of us."

I hummed, "I don't like teleporting anyway."

Yen cracked a small smirk, "Afraid I'll drop you over a lake again?"

"Yes!" I nodded, "Or something much worse."

"Get some rest. I'll look at your wounds in the morning." Yennefer patted my cheek before she got up from my lap.

"Here." I said softly as I took off her fur coat, "Take this. I'll be fine."

Yen nodded, although I could tell she was hesitant as she grabbed the fur coat from my hands and shrugged it on. Pulling my tunic and armor closer to my body, I laid curled in a ball under neath the naked oak tree, using my head as a pillow. The winter breeze swept over my face as I closed my eyes, feeling the adrenaline fade completely as I fell into a deep sleep.

"You ever think about the future? What your life would be like if you weren't a Witcher?" I asked Geralt as I laid back in the tall grass, chewing on my apple.