rabbit-hole

i followed you as you wandered the meadow. you looked around, confused, amused, and curious. your doe eyes looked around your surroundings as you looked at the clock. i smiled secretly at your innocence, how little your were. you never spoke to me and it was fine.
this went on for years until the meadow became smaller for us. you're quiet but you're used to me now;
closer than before.
more than before.
you looked at me and you smiled. that familiar charm of yours, i'm used to seeing it all the time but now, it makes my chest ache as my heartbeat races. i couldn't understand why. but then you turned around and walked away so i followed you, and into the forest you went.

you looked back at me as i walked towards you. our fingers almost touching. almost.
i asked what you're planning to do. but you looked away and walked towards this huge tree and jumped inside this hole. surprised, i took a step back. no, my heart screamed, and it silenced my mind. before i knew it, i already had an answer and jumped inside the rabbit-hole and down the rabbit-hole i went.

what was waiting for me below, i will never know.
i'm falling fast but it's taking me longer.
will you be down there and catch me?
will you run away?
all i know is that i'm falling so deep i may never get back up again.