3

Briarwood-Octavian Country Day School

Janitor's Closet

Tuesday, September 8th

1:09 PM

She'd grown addicted to kissing Cam Fisher. Many would probably say that they were too young to be making out as often as they did, but she would gladly push them into a fountain like she'd seen mean girls do in all those movies and tv shows she watched. It's not as if they knew how light she got whenever their lips merged, or how her heart became as fast as a hummingbird's wings, or how the feel of his hands on her waist, or her hips, or her face, holding her to him so securely made her feel so utterly loved that she grew breathless. No, they didn't know all that, so as far as she was concerned, every word spoken from their condescending mouths were absolutely useless and didn't concern her in the slightest.

Sure, his lips were chapped, but right now his breath was smelling so sweetly of maple and they were so very warm against her own pillowy lips, pressing against hers so softly as if she were some precious thing, as if she were a porcelain doll. They moved with hers effortlessly after weeks of practice, breaths mingling in the overpowering, fruity-scented air of the closet as she lost herself in the feel of him; his calloused hand cupping her chin, long fingers splayed against the back of her neck, the front of his body pressed against hers and sending the imprint of his jacket zipper into her uncovered torso (it hurt a bit, but she barely felt it), and her hands gripping the soft cotton of his t-shirt.

Kissing him was so easy, so simple, and made everything around them fade into nothing but a blur of indecipherable colors and sounds. Being with him was as easy as breathing, and he made her feel things that she'd never felt before; he made butterflies flutter in the pit of her stomach, he made her toes curl in her Valentino sandals, he made her yearn for more and more until she was completely encased with him.

Then, the bell rang loudly, the only noise that seemed to break through the haze around them and making her jump with the suddenness of it. It took a moment or two for her gaze to clear, and her heart to settle down, before she realized what exactly the bell meant for them with a loud gasp.

"Cam!" She gasped gripping his biceps, frenzied eyes meeting his own. "We have to get to class!"

Cam cursed, quickly grabbed his backpack from the floor and slung it over his shoulder as she took her designer tote from a cleaning solution-packed shelf, tucking the strap into the crook of her arm.

She peeked out of the small window on the door, finding that the halls had been emptied and only catching the swish of a shimmery skirt as a door closed behind it. She opened the door quietly, glad that the hinges were well-oiled so they didn't squeak, alerting any administrators of their rather compromising position. God, she thought, my father would kill Cam if he heard of us sneaking out of a janitor's closet. She peered past the door, looking down the hall and only being met with the fluorescent lights and the polished marble floor. She felt fingers lace between her own and silently pulled her boyfriend out of the closet when she deemed that the coast was clear. She winced at the sound of her heels clacking noisily against the floor, suddenly wishing that she'd worn flats or sneakers, even though it would've went horrible with the rest of her outfit.

Cam was a silent shadow behind her as they deftly made their way through the halls, but his hand within her own was comforting, silently telling her that if they got caught, he would go down along with her. The loyalty, despite the fact that they'd been dating for months now, made her swoon and squeeze Cam's hand appreciatively. Not even a full second passed before his was doing the same back. She let out a relieved whoosh of air as she finally found the classroom of their fourth period, the bold numbers beside the door making relief flood through her body. She pushed open the door to their classroom, the eyes of the full class immediately moving towards them even as she kept her head held high.