8

Briarwood-Octavian Country Day School

Overflow Trailer Two | The Girl's Lounge

Thursday, September 10th

7:49 AM

She gracefully sat down in the elevated, plush, director-style chair, her name written in a glimmering, twenty-four karat gold paint stylized on the back. The elegant twist she had put her hair into that morning was swept demurely over one of her shoulders, embedded with shining pearls that shone starkly through her carefully-groomed mane of dark curls. She placed her clutch onto the vanity in front of her, eyeing the makeup caddy that was filled to the brim with all of her favorite selections as she crossed one knee over the other. The flouncy tulle of her skirt, which fell to her ankles like a waterfall, shifted with her movements.

On either side of her sat Allie-Rose and Becca. Allie-Rose was touching up her lipstick as she leaned forward towards the Hollywood style vanity mirror, looking positively perfect in her all Gucci ensemble as she puckered her lips, before giving herself a glimmering smile. Becca was singing softly under her breath as she pulled back her hair in an intricate braid, leaving a few strands to shape her heart-shaped face. Paired with a baby-pink Balmain skirt and a draped fluffy, white sweater she looked ever-so sweet. Glancing between the three of them; Becca with her goody-girl look, she with a sultry vibe that came from her sheer black and red skirt, and silk camisole, and Allie-Rose in her simple, yet stylish outfit she was suddenly reminded of that old saying—sugar, spice and everything nice. The thought made her lips tilt up into a smile. A few other girls were milling in the lounge as well, but she paid them no mind.

"You think Massie will stop trying now?" Allie-Rose asked, cleaning up the eyeliner on her waterline that she had smudged when swatting at a fly that had landed on her cheek.

Becca snorted as she tied off her braid with a clear rubber band, "I doubt it - that girl is persistent."

"Oh, she'll be knocked off that pedestal soon—I have a surprise in store for her," Cassia said, rubbing some shimmering body oil on her uncovered shoulders.

"Oooh, do tell," Allie-Rose said.

"You'll see tonight," Cassia hinted.

"Ehmagawd, it's gonna be during the special isn't it?" Becca gasped.

"Yep." Cassia popped the 'p'.

"You're an evil genius," Allie-Rose said, tucking her eyeliner pencil back into her makeup caddy.

Becca looked in the mirror, curling her wispy blonde eyelashes. "What time is that camera crew supposed to get here anyway?" She asked curiously, leaning back against her seat and putting down the curler, pulling her braid over her shoulder to rest against her collarbone.

She adjusted the straps on her camisole. "Around eight," she answered, "so they should be here soon." She glanced to Becca who seemed quite entranced by her own reflection as she carefully swiped a clear gloss on her lips. She frowned as she noticed the slight gap in the girl's eyebrows where she had obviously been trying to color them in.

"You might wanna touch up your eyebrows, Becca," she suggested, "They look kinda painted on—short, brush-like strokes, yeah?"

Becca blushed in embarrassment but quickly dug through her own makeup caddy for some brow pomade as Cassia stood from her chair, swiping her clutch from the black and gold marble vanity. She flounced her hair a final time, spritzed her perfume (alluring amber notes with an array of heady spices and an undertone of dark chocolate that made her feel all the more sensual) and adjusted her skirt. "I'm heading back to the classroom. You guys should hurry because the camera crew should be here any moment."