4

Briarwood-Octavian Country Day School

Girl's Bathroom

Tuesday, September 8th

2:16 PM

The Pretty Committee.

Apparently, that was the name of the clique in which Claire was apart of - the group of girls who had glared at her before following their crying friend to the bathroom. With Coral and Olivia being such big gossips, they had looked almost proud, and quite smug, as they relayed all the information that they knew about the former-rulers of Octavian Country Day; from the ruthless leader, Massie Block, to their vicious beta, Alicia Rivera, to athletic star, Kristen Gregory, the last runged, Dylan Marvil (which was interesting, since she'd been on her mother's show a few times) and newly minted Claire Lyons.

To her, they were simply a group of petty girls who needed to learn that she was not one to be trifled with. Massie's knowing, disgusted stare in the cafeteria had pretty much sealed the fate of the Pretty Committee, and she had a grand plan to send the throne of the popular group of girls toppling, and the kingdom that they had built falling along with it.

That was the reason why she had decided to corner Alicia Rivera in the girl's bathroom after she saw her and Josh Hotz leaving from the radio booth on her way to the Cafe over an hour ago. From the Spanish girl's smug, and yet slightly fearful and certainly enamoured (most likely with the Calvin Klein sporting soccer star that had left the booth only a minute before the buxom girl had exited with a slightly guilty look) expression she knew that the two were planning something, and had to be sure that that something was in her favor, and not in the Pretty Committee's. However, she wasn't quite sure that Alicia was acting in her clique's favor either. She was well aware of the falling out that had occurred between the two groups at the end of the last school year and by the way Josh Hotz' hat had transferred from his head to Alicia's (before she quickly stuffed it into her bag), she was almost positive that there was something romantic going on between them. Nonetheless, she wanted, no needed, to know what exactly was being planned between the two.

She locked the bathroom door behind her, the clicking of her heels making the Spanish girl look up from where she'd been washing her hands in the sink, and stiffen slightly at the sight of her in the mirror. She was honestly quite pretty; an exotic beauty who seemed to realize how beautiful she was by the confidence that she'd felt exuding from her whenever in the vicinity of the girl. However, that confidence was slowly being leached away (she could almost feel it being drawn from the air) as she gave the girl a patronizing smile. She was prettier than her, more exotic with her part-gypsy, part-creole, part-Spanish blood, and she can tell that Alicia felt inferior by her mere presence. She'd always been known as the foreign exotic, and they both know that she was quickly (if she hadn't already) taking the title from her. After all, she wasn't sure that anyone could look more foreign than she did, what with her almond colored skin, emerald eyes, thick mane of riotous curls and angular features; each of her physical characteristics was seemingly juxtaposed against each other, yet created the exotic beauty that designers seemingly couldn't get enough of. Then again, there was a reason why she was such a high-ticket model.

She hopped onto the counter, tilting her head coyly as she crossed her legs. She noted the girl's abominable fashion sense, for those boots paired with the rest of her outfit simply did not look good. It made her wonder how she'd grown to the top of the totem pole with style such as that, but decided not to dwell on it for now- maybe it was just a phase anyhow? "Alicia Rivera," she purred, tilting her head coyly as her smile widens, "so great to meet you, darling."