5

Briarwood-Octavian Country Day School

Mr. Willis' Classroom

Tuesday, September 8th

3:31 PM

"Allie-Rose," the girl introduces. She's in an absolutely ah-dorable ensemble: Joslin linen pants that make her legs look a mile long with a long-sleeved off-the-shoulder top and cuh-ute Louboutin sandals that match her red Gucci tote bag. The girl's outfit was to die for, and she doesn't hesitate to tell her so as she turns to face the dark-haired beauty. She'd only been able to give her desk partner a short greeting at the beginning of class before the teacher was shushing them and threatening to put them into detention if they so much as breathed too loudly. In that instant, she had suddenly been reminded of Alan Rickman's dry - though, accurate - representation of Professor Snape on set, and thought that Mr. Willis would be a great cosplayer even if they didn't look alike in the slightest. Now though, school was over, and despite the scowl on his face he hadn't scolded any of them as the room quickly filled with loud chatter.

"Thanks," the girl simpers proudly, before eyeing her with a smile as she tosses her straight, raven hair back from her shoulders, "but it's nothing compared to yours. Where'd you even get those sandals? I only just saw them in Vogue."

Cassia stretches out her leg from under their assigned desk, the gems glistening off the lights of the classroom as their classmates wade past them, hurrying out the door with cheers and whoops now that the first day of school is finished. "A photoshoot - designers love giving out freebies," she drawled, before giving the girl a grin which is quickly returned. It's been a while since she'd talked to someone about luxury fashion and she found it extremely refreshing. Cam definitely wasn't one to be interested in that sort of stuff, and while he always listened attentively (like she said, he was perfect) he never had any opinions of his own for such a topic didn't concern him. Coral and Kori weren't ones to speak about designer brands either for they weren't rich enough to indulge in them and often simply grew jealous, and Olivia seemingly blows most of her allowance on plastic surgery, luxury hair care, dermatologists, nutritionists and personal trainers leaving not enough left for an abundance of luxury clothing. Not only does the girl mostly repeat her designer outfits, but she was much too dull to have an intellectual conversation, even if it was simply about fashion.

"I would give my left foot to raid your closet," Allie-Rose says passionately, giggling as she nudges her foot with her own before frowning, "Though I doubt anything would fit," she says dispassionately, and it's easy for her to figure out what the girls was alluding to. Allie-Rose was tall, a good six or so inches taller than herself (and she was already fairly tall for her age at five'five) and towered over most everyone in school. She could understand quite easily why Allie-Rose could be very insecure of herself, but the girl stood straight and tall rather than hunching over, and took all the not-so-nice comments thrown at her in stride. The heels on her feet, boosting her height, made her seem even more confident and sure of herself, and she found herself admiring the girl's seemingly endless tenacity. She felt for the girl, however, 'cause she's sure it must be hard to find clothes long enough to fit her tall body.

Cassia gives her a genuine smile and a friendly nudge, "I'm sure my skirts will fit, and my short-sleeved blouses too, a few dresses and the like," she muses, feeling quite proud of herself as Allie-Rose's expression turns from sad to hopeful, the girl giving her a shy grin.

"We should totally hang out sometime," Cassia continues, tilting her head to one side and letting her mane of glossy, waist-length curls fall to one side. "Here," Cassia rips a page from one of her notebooks and quickly scrawls her digits onto the them before thrusting it towards a surprised Allie-Rose. "Text me, 'kay - I really wanna watch that new vampire movie, but Cam refuses to go with me." She rolls her eyes exasperatedly from simply remembering the disgusted face her boyfriend made as he refused vehemently to see a chick-flick. "We should go together."