7

Briarwood-Octavian Country Day School

Overflow Trailers

Thursday, September 10th

7:34 AM

Massie's mouth popped open in a surprise she couldn't hide as she caught sight of the trailers that had been transformed overnight. Yesterday, she couldn't help but feel smug as she watched Cassia Castilla Adrieux, the bane of her very existence, walk out of the Cafe. She had been a bit taken aback by the girl's smug look (she feared that she'd release the video) but as she caught sight of the trailers after school, catching the girl get help from Cam in order to walk down the rickety steps, she couldn't help the glee that made her lips tilt up into a smile. She had been excited to witness the teen celebrity do the same today and her stride faltered, nearly sending her to the ground again with her heeled boots, as she caught sight of the sleek-looking trailers that replaced the dumpy ones she had seen yesterday afternoon.

A cobblestone walkway led to the front steps of each trailer, winding gracefully and shimmering prettily under the mid-morning light, as if glitter was spread across them. They were lined with sweet-smelling flowers and herbs sending a delightful perfume into the air that scented of freesia, and warm grass baking under the midday sun, and pine, and fresh mint, and dew straight off the leaves and so many other fresh things that weren't quite feminine but weren't quite masculine either - it was seemingly the perfect mix for the coed trailers. The walkways split off from one another, leading to each one of the new 'Mobile Learning Vehicles' that looked as if they had been hit by one of MTV's many Pimp my blank! shows, and, what seemed to be, a luxury restroom trailer.

The one in front was a sleek, matte-black, that reminded her way too much of her own Range Rover. The windows were covered from the inside, giving no inkling as to what lay within, but had been freshly polished for the clear planes glimmered under the sun breaking through the clouds above. The trailer seemed entirely different from the one she saw yesterday, for the only thing that remained the same was the overall shape and size. The dents had been brought out, chips and nicks and scratches removed, and the small, sad-looking flagpole on the top wasn't there, as if it had never existed in the first place. The door, which had been a grimy white metal yesterday, was replaced with a mahogany door - the deep red color of the wood looking beautiful against the matte black metal. A round, golden handle seemed to be the only way for one to enter the trailer unless they wanted to go in through the clearly-redone, polished windows. A gold plaque was just above the door, but from the distance she couldn't see what had been engraved. The stairway, which yesterday looked as if it would break apart at any moment, was a similar mahogany, with a lush, red velvet carpet lining the middle and sturdy golden handles on either side.

The trailers on either side were nearly identical, however, while one was a delicate robin's egg blue, the mahogany being exchanged with walnut, gold with silver, and the red carpet turned white (with similarly white, almost sheer curtains blocking the view from the outside), the other was a deeper shade of blue, almost navy, with a door so dark it was black and a walkway carpet just as dark.

Massie's hands clenched into fists on either side of her as she stood stockstill just before the pathway, nearly frozen in shock as she stared at the glammed-up trailers before her, eyes raking over them in disbelief.

"I can't believe this," she hissed.

"We should sue," Alicia said.

"These should be our trailers," Dylan whined.

Kristen glanced between them. "Should we check them out?"

They all looked towards Massie, who forced her shoulders to relax as she twisted her finger around the glaring purple streak in her hair, looking nonchalant. She was careful to hide the raging emotions within her, knowing that she still had to look and act the part of alpha no matter the turmoil she was feeling inside. She shrugged, "Why not? We have the time."