Chapter 1

~Enchanted Forest~

~Enchanted Forest~

~Many years ago~

Reese and her twin, Rumpelstiltskin, walked around the pier until they came across their father, Malcolm. The twins saw him laughing and gambling away money, but he told the twins that he was trying to find a job. Rumpelstiltskin took Reese's hand and they walked over to their father.

"They were right," Rumpelstiltskin stated. "You're here."

Malcolm smiled as he looked at his children, "Hey, laddies. My dogs were barking after hitting the cobblestones all morning looking for work. Then these fellas told me that they've never played 'find the lady'." He giggles again which makes the twins start to walk away in disappointment. As they walked away they heard their father saying, "Reese. Come on." He starts running after them. "Rumple!" He ran until he caught up with them. He put both of his arms out and grabbed the twins' arms. He pulled them aside and kept a hold on their arms until Reese pulled her arm out of his grasp.

"You said you were finding a job!" Reese said to her father.

"No one in this town would hire me." Malcolm replied, still holding onto Rumple's arm.

Rumple yanked his arm out of his grasp and commented, "Because no one trusts you."

"But you do." He paused to point at Rumple, "Don't you, son?"

Rumpelstiltskin took his eyes off of his father and looked over at his twin. He made a "what do you think" look at her, but all she did was shrug. "We want to." Rumple finally replied. "What if there was someplace we could start over?"

"Somewhere where no one knew you?" Reese continued for her brother.

"How?" Their father asked.

Reese looked over at her brother and he nodded, so she reached down into her pocket and took out a bean. A magic bean. "With this." She said almost in a whisper.

"Where'd you get that?" Malcolm asked. He pointed down at the bean and then back up at Reese and Rumple, "Do you know how much money a bean like that would fetch?"

He tried to take it but before he could Reese pulled the bean close to her chest. "No, it's mine and Rumples! I won't let you gamble it away!"

"Reese and Rumple, you don't understand!"

"We understand this bean can take us someplace..." Rumpelstiltskin replied to his father's remark.

"Where no one knows us." Reese continued. "Where we can be a family."

"A real fresh start." Malcolm said.

"Yes." The twins replied in unison.

"We trust you." Reese whispered as she started to give her father the magic bean, and smiled.