Chapter 17

Reese and Rumple sat there for the next few minutes hugging

Reese and Rumple sat there for the next few minutes hugging. Rumple had never seen Reese break down this hard, and it broke his heart.

Has Reese slowly got out of his embrace, she stated, "Well, this is a good time to leave Storybrooke! I need to be in a land without magic, right now. I can't stand being here, right now."

Rumple looked down at his watch and gasped, "I told Emma that we will be picking her up in thirty minutes. We have to start going."

"Right."

~

Rumple and Reese stood outside of The Charmings apartment, and Rumple knocked on the door.

Before the door opened, Reese leaned into Rumple's ear and asked, "Remind me again why we needed Emma for this?"

"Well, when was the last time you were in New York City?" Rumple questioned. She responded by slapping him in the arm, and at that moment Emma answered the door.

"Ready to go, Miss. Swan?" Rumpelstiltskin asked the savior. Reese heard Emma say that she was almost ready, and relieved Reese. She really wanted to leave Storybrooke. She's been having a bad feeling ever since she had that conversation with 'Greg'.

Like what even happened? How in the world could she interact with him if he wasn't there? How can that even be possible, and who in the world was he talking to?

She was pulled out of her thoughts when Rumple put his hand on her shoulder. Reese turned to face him and he noticed that her face was starting to become pale. The world around her was going black but then became normal. Her breathing was increasing and she felt like someone was on her chest. Reese didn't know this yet but she was having a panic attack.

"Reese?" Rumple questioned as he walked her over to the couch with the Charmings following them. "Are you okay?"

"I-I-I can't breathe." Reese responded very breathy. "I don't know what's happening to me." She looked over and saw the shadow watching her. Reese turned back to the group and she was pale again.

Tears started forming in her eyes as she was trying to decipher what was happening. Has she gone insane? Is anyone else seeing the shadow?

"She's having a panic attack, Mr. Gold." Emma stated to Reese's twin. "I don't think that taking her to New York will be safe."

Reese, whose eyes were now bloodshot, looked over at Emma and said, "I need to leave this town. I can't stay knowing that," She paused to catch her breath, "that thing is still here." She pointed to the corner where the shadow was standing there. She knew that no one would see the shadow, and she fully intended to be called crazy, but she saw her brother looking over there in complete shock.

"You- you see it?" Reese questioned her brother and she watched as he nodded his head, and now she was more confused. She looked up and saw that everyone else was confused, so it was just the twins who saw it. "Could it be-"