Chapter 21

"Papa! You're alright!" Neal exclaimed as he entered the Pawnshop with Reese in his arms

"Papa! You're alright!" Neal exclaimed as he entered the Pawnshop with Reese in his arms. "Aunt Rae isn't okay, papa. How are you going to help her?"

Rumpelstiltskin slowly walked over to Neal and took his sister in his arms. He walked to the back of his shop, and laid her down on the cot that was there.

"Papa?" Neal questioned his father. "Is she going to be okay?"

"How did you find her?" Rumple whispered, still in shock from seeing his sister like this. He knew that she was upset about his injuries, but he never thought that she would put herself under the sleeping curse.

"She was just laying on the grass unconscious." Neal responded. "I don't think that anyone else can see her. I'm guessing that she used some sort of blood magic, so that no one outside of our bloodline can see her."

"How did Emma see her?"

"I don't know. Maybe it was just a flaw in her magic."

"A flaw?" Rumple laughed. "Son, Rae doesn't have a flaw when it comes to magic. She must have opened up to Emma as well, which is weird because she hates Emma."

"Why does she hate her so much?"

"Because she left her with Captain Hook at the top of a beanstalk." Rumple responded. "She has a past with the pirate, and I actually think that she likes him."

"She likes someone?" Neal, surprised, looked at his aunt in sadness. "I thought that after Cade," he paused, "that she would never open her heart up again."

"I don't think she would purposely open up her heart again. I just think that she has a hard time expressing her feelings.."

"She killed one of my friends because he hurt my feelings." Neal responded. "She expresses her feelings in a very aggressive way."

"Look, Bae, your aunt has had a horrible life, and I know that doesn't excuse her behavior, but you have to-"

"I'm not blaming Aunt Rae. I know that Cade truly hurt her and I hated seeing bruises, cuts, scars all over her body all the time, but that doesn't mean that she has the right to be cruel."

"Alright." Rumple surrendered.

~

Back in Reese's head

"Fuck." Reese stated as she slowly started regaining consciousness. She rubbed her head and looked up to see the Shadow standing there. "Was there a reason for you to throw a piece of stone at me?"

"You were getting me annoyed." The shadow responded. "And I needed some time to think things through."

She started to get off of the floor as she asked, "What did you need to think through? You're in my head, and you wanted to be here."