Chapter 5

Reese walked back and tripped over a dead body, and landed on the ground

Reese walked back and tripped over a dead body, and landed on the ground. She watched as the others were helping Hook out of the pile of bodies. Reese walked over to where Emma, Mulan, Aurora and Mary Margaret were standing, but she wasn't paying attention to what they were saying.. She just watched Hook, who hasn't even noticed her yet, which is strange considering he spent a whole year with her.

"Reese?" Emma asked. She saw how Reese was looking at the "blacksmith" and was worried. Emma started shaking Reese until she came back to reality. "Reese?"

"Yeah?" Reese replied, with her voice still shaky. She looked over to see the others looking at her worriedly. "What's wrong?"

"Do you know this man?"

Reese sighed and looked back and forth between them, and the man. "His name is Killian Jones."

"How do you know him?"

"He was one of the many helpers that Cade had." Reese responded. "He was with us for over a year."

"Oh my god." Mary Margaret hugged her friend, and then nodded at Emma. Her daughter grabbed a cup of water and walked over to Hook. The others followed Emma, and Reese made sure to hide her face behind Emma's body .

Emma gave Hook the cup of water and he took it with a smile on his face.

"I can't thank you enough for your kindness. Fortune, it seems, has fit to show me favor." Hook stated to the heroes.

"An island full of corpses. You're the only one to escape. How exactly did that happen?" Emma asked.

"She attacked at night – slaughtered everyone in one fell swoop. When she started ripping out people's hearts, I hid under the bodies of those who had already been killed. Pretended to be dead myself. Mercifully, the ruse worked."

"So much for fortune favors the brave."

"It was all I could do to survive."

"I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I'm pretty good at knowing when someone is lying to me."

"I'm telling you the truth."

"We should leave here in case Cora decides to come back." Mulan stated.

"We should start searching for a new portal back to Storybrooke. I only got about five minutes with my husband, not to mention my grandson."

"You have a grandson?" Hook asked, smirking a little bit, which made Reese throw up in her mouth. She was still standing behind Emma, and thankfully he hasn't noticed her yet.

"Long story."

"Well, I know this land well. I can guide you."

Emma walked a few steps and quickly drew her sword. She put it up against Hook's throat which made Reese smile.