Chapter 01: Just a Feeling

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Teen Wolf they belong to their creator. I own Jacalyn Hale and anything/anyone else you don't recognise. Note that Jacalyn was already 18 - legally already an adult.

Second Wind

Chapter 01: Just a Feeling

Jacalyn Hale is the youngest of the original Hale family; making her the younger sister of Talia and Peter. While her brother and sister were born wolves Jacalyn was something else, she was born human a spark their mother called it. When she was eighteen she met Coach Lahey, at the time she didn't know that he had a penchant for young girls – or that he was married, he never wore his ring. Coach Lahey was the same age as her older sister Talia, which was twenty-eight what she wasn't expecting was to fall pregnant with his child.  He already had an eight year old at home with his wife. When Talia had found out about what had happened she sat her sister down and told her what she could do. Talia wasn't angry with Jaclyn, but she was furious at Coach Lahey. Talia knew that her baby sister wasn't ready for a child but she also knew that she could never end a life.

Jacalyn didn't want the baby to grow up in a family of werewolves like she had, she knew that he was human. Talia agreed with her and talked with Mr and Mrs Lahey on her sisters behalf and they agreed to take the baby when he or she was born. November 1995, Isaac Hale was born - and adopted into the Lahey family. No one knew that Coach Lahey would later go on to abuse both of his sons. Jacalyn wasn't a student at Beacon Hills, she was home-schooled by Talia; Peter had found that the most unfair aspect of Jacalyn being the baby. Peter was only older than her by a year.

Isaac would later find out that he was adopted - when Derek had met him in the graveyard he'd smelled something familiar that he couldn't pick. He knew that his aunt Jacalyn hadn't been in Beacon Hills the night of the fire, she'd been out of town and missed her flight back home.  Derek knew that his aunt was different to the rest of the pack, that she felt things that no one else could.  What had Derek smelled on Isaac? It was a faint smell but he could smell Hale blood on him and didn't know why.

"Uncle Peter, do you notice anything about the betas?" Derek questioned, as he leaned against one of the support beams of the loft and watched as Erica Reyes, Vernon Boyd and Isaac were practising.

"What do you mean by anything?" Peter questioned, running a hand over his face as he looked at the three betas.

"Anything, anything," Derek answered, he wasn't sure how to explain it or put his finger on it. "It's just something,"

"Now, now nephew what are you thinking?" Peter wondered as he looked at Peter and then at the betas again.

"I don't know...I just feel something..." Derek muttered, he had been contemplating on calling Jacalyn and seeing when she was due back.   "If you're not going..."

"You'll call my little sister, I know," Peter laughed, he had a feeling that his nephew would do just that. He hadn't seen his baby sister in years. 

Derek rolled his eyes at Peter, as Isaac, Boyd and Erica stopped practising and collapsed in a heap on the floor. Peter shook his head and headed up the top of the lofts spiral staircase avoiding the three betas as his nephew went and grabbed three bottles of water and tossed them to them. Derek pulled out his phone and went to call his aunt, she had to have some kind of feeling what was happening in Beacon Hills.

Isaac had been keeping something from everyone, something that had been resting on his mind since before his father had been killed it was something he'd said. He hadn't said he'd wished he'd died like his mother, like every time. Coach Lahey had said, 'I wish we hadn't said yes,' it had confused Isaac, he hadn't known what he'd meant. Isaac couldn't ask Camden because Camden had died two years earlier.

"Jacalyn's on her way home," Derek said as he headed up the stairs to Peter and collapsed on the sofa next to his uncle on.

"It has been years since I saw her," Peter said putting his arm on the back of the sofa and faced his nephew.  "Are you going to tell the three teenagers down stairs?"

"I don't know," Derek told him, Peter rolled his eyes at his nephew – Derek didn't have the best communication skills in the entire world.

"Well nephew, when will she be here?" Peter questioned, Derek shrugged he hadn't paid attention when she'd said that she'd be there. "Derek, were you listening to her?"

"No..." Derek muttered glancing at the top of the stairs as they both heard three individual sets of footsteps heading up the stairs towards them. "How much did you three hear?"

"Hear about what?" Erica questioned innocently as she slung an arm around Boyd's shoulder.

"Erica," Derek growled, Erica knew that Derek had been listening to her heart beat as she spoke.

Erica grinned innocently before she was darting back down the stairs with Boyd following closely behind her. Isaac stepped out of their way, he wasn't exceptionally great when it came to conflict and that was something that Derek was noticing more. Peter looked at Isaac a little more closely as the teenager stood before them. Derek glanced at his uncle and realised that Peter was picking up on what he was talking about.

"What...what are you two doing?" Isaac questioned, running a hand over his face as he looked at the two older werewolves.

"Isaac, what do you remember about growing up?" Peter questioned, he was curious as to if the young man had ever seen his sister. Talia had insisted that Jacalyn be allowed to babysit Isaac for the first year of his life.

"And he's not talking about the bad parts," Derek told him, when he noticed Isaac shuffling nervously. "It's okay if you don't remember,"

Isaac shook his head and took a step backwards, Derek raised his eyebrow at the beta before Isaac was pointing at Peter. Derek turned and noticed that Peter's eyes were glowing blue and his teeth had extended. Derek flashed his alpha-red eyes at Peter and growled at his uncle before his attention was back on Isaac.

"Isaac, we'll talk tomorrow, go get some sleep," Derek said allowing Isaac to slip down the stairs and to his room. "Peter, what the hell was that about?"

"Nephew, you tell me," Peter smirked at him after Isaac had disappeared and they heard the doors shutting.

"I think that he doesn't know...hell I didn't know until...actually I still don't know," Derek said, he wasn't actually sure if Isaac really was theirs. "Peter, you sensed something...tell me I'm not dreaming?"

"Tomorrow," Peter said before he was ushering Derek down the stairs and to his own bed. "A man needs his beauty sleep," Peter smirked yawning at Derek, Derek rolled his eyes in response and headed down the spiral staircase.  "Derek, when is she coming?"

"Tomorrow...she said she was already on her way home..." Derek answered before he was completely out of Peter's view.

Peter muttered something that Derek didn't hear before he was grabbing one of his many books and laying in bed before starting to read. Peter lay in bed reading, wondering exactly how his sister would react to Derek having possibly turned her son. Isaac sat leaning against his headboard, listening to iPod while trying to work out what Derek and Peter had been talking about.