Chapter 04: Not Kidnapped

Note: Forgot that I hadn't fixed the years Jacalyn was definitely at the age of consent. Since I talk about her being 18 when she met Coach Lahey, and she had Isaac at 19.

Chapter 04: Not Kidnapped

By the time that Scott found Isaac, he was sitting in the preserve with rain beating down on him. It had started pouring as Scott was out looking for him, which Isaac had found fitting seeing the mood that he was in. Scott stood behind Isaac, he knew that he'd heard him approaching but hadn't said anything. Isaac looked up as he felt Scott standing behind him before looking back out over the city. Scott sat on the rock beside Isaac being carefully not to sit to close to him so as not to scare him away.

"Is everything okay?" Scott questioned, Isaac shook his head but he wasn't ready to talk to anyone just yet. "Want to talk about it?"

"No, I just want to be alone," Isaac muttered, still not looking at Scott he didn't want him to see that he'd been crying.

"Isaac, whatever it is, I'm sure it's not so bad," Scott told him, Isaac shook his head Scott had no idea what was going on. "If you do want to talk, I'm here," Scott smiled at him.

"You have no idea," Isaac mumbled, this time glancing at Scott and letting the older teenager see the tears that were still streaming down his face.

"I'm not going anywhere, but how about we go somewhere dry?" Scott suggested, before deciding on moving a little closer and putting an arm around Isaac's shoulder.

"I'm good here...did Derek send you?" Isaac answered quietly as he tried to wipe at his eyes, he didn't care that they were most likely red and puffy from crying.

Scott nodded looking at Isaac before searching his pocket for a tissue and giving up when he realised that the tissue wouldn't be much good being soggy. Isaac sniffled, as the rain got heavier forcing him to rethink his decision to stay outside in the rain. Scott took his arm away from Isaac before he stood up and offered a hand to him. Isaac was wondering how Scott had gotten to the preserve in the rain, as they started to walk away from the cliffs edge back towards the entrance of the preserve.  Isaac looked at Scott when he saw Melissa's car sitting behind the chain fence – that explained everything.

Back at the loft, Jacalyn had decided that she was better off not being there when Isaac returned so she had, had Peter take her back to his apartment in the city. Erica and Boyd couldn't work out how Jacalyn was related to both the Hale men, she seemed to be so different to them. In the short time that they'd seen her, Erica had determined that Isaac had gotten a lot of her personality without even knowing her.

"Peter, did I do the right thing?" Jacalyn asked as she sat in the passenger seat of what was once hers but now Peter's Audi S4.

"What do you mean by right thing? Leaving him or coming home?" Peter questioned, glancing at her as they stopped at a set of traffic lights and he noticed the Sheriff Noah Stilinski beside them.

"Everything, I was just a kid. A human kid in a family of wolves," Jacalyn told him, Peter had a feeling that Jacalyn had been jealous of him and Talia.

"But we didn't treat you like you were human. Mom may have but never Talia or me," Peter said before he offered a half smile and wave to Noah who looked at him and then at Jacalyn. "We protected you but didn't treat you differently,"

"Peter, you're not even a full year older than me," Jacalyn stated, Peter had been born October 1975, while she'd been born September 1976 less than a year later.

"I'm still your big brother," Peter smirked at her, Jacalyn rolled her eyes and hit him upside the head  before she noticed they were being watched. "That would be the good Sheriff Stilinski,"

"He's the one that had Derek and Laura at the station by the time I came home..." Jacalyn said as she remembered the night of the Hale House fire. "They were both so scared...you were in a coma," Jacalyn paused before she was hitting her brother upside the head again. "You're going to keep getting hit until I decide you've had enough,"

Peter sighed and started the car again continuing on their way back to his apartment. He wasn't at all surprised to see the Sheriff's cruiser following him as he pulled into the parking garage. Noah parked his car on the curb and watched as Peter and Jacalyn climbed out of Peter's car, Peter taking hold of Jacalyn suitcase and carrying it while she walked close. Noah was slightly perplexed by the sight, he wasn't sure what was going on and Peter could sense it.

"Sister dear, go on up to the top floor," Peter told her, handing her the keys to his apartment before walking towards the Sheriff.

"Hale, you better not have kidnapped that woman," Noah stated after rolling down the window and leaning across the passenger seat.

"Relax Sheriff. That's my baby sister you're talking about," Peter said, glancing behind him and seeing that Jacalyn had only moved a meter. "Jackie, go. I'll be there in a minute," Peter urged her, motioning with his hand for her to move.

"Hale, if I find you're keeping her against her will," Noah said, Peter rolled his eyes before he heard Jacalyn's footsteps moving towards them. 

"Jackie, go upstairs," Peter sighed exasperated that she wasn't doing what he'd asked of her.

"Peter, I'm a grown ass woman. I may be your little sister but damn it, I'm not going anywhere," Jacalyn stated before she grabbed hold of his hand like when she was a child and he was protecting her.

"See, Sheriff she is my sister," Peter grinned triumphantly before being dragged off by Jacalyn towards the building.

As Isaac and Scott were sitting in Melissa's car, Isaac turned to Scott he didn't want to go back to the loft just yet, he couldn't. Scott had started the car only to get the heat going to dry them off and warm them up. Isaac bit his lip as he looked at Scott, still with some stray tears falling down his cheeks.

"Can I stay with you...? I...I don't think I can go back to Derek..." Isaac trailed off, he didn't want to tell Scott why he couldn't go back.

"Of course...we can watch a movie or something," Scott suggested, reaching behind the passenger seat and grabbing a box of tissues that he knew his mother kept there. "Here,"

"Thanks..." Isaac mumbled, looking out the window as he took the box and pulled a few out before blowing his nose, then grabbing some more and wiping at his eyes.