Chapter 07: Pile of sleeping beta's

Derek sat talking with Isaac for longer than Isaac had anticipated, he still wasn't entirely sure that the older wolf wasn't lying to him. Isaac knew that Boyd and Erica had been listening, and that they would have been paying more attention to Derek. Derek walked back inside before Isaac and grabbed the keys to the Camaro intent on heading into the preserve for a run. Isaac looked at Derek as if to say was anything true, Boyd nodded everything had been true.

"You okay Isaac?" Erica asked, Isaac nodded before he was going into his room and collapsing on the bed. "Do you think he's really okay?"

"No, but we can't do anything," Boyd told her, keeping hold of her arm as she tried to move and follow Isaac. "Leave him,"

"Are you sure?" Erica asked, she was impatient she just wanted to make sure that Isaac wasn't hurting anymore.

"Erica, I know you're worried. I am too but we have to trust Isaac," Boyd pulled her closer to him as he spoke so that she couldn't get away from him.

Isaac made his way from his room a few hours later after having fallen asleep soon after his head hit his pillow. Erica smiled at him as he made his way past her and Boyd to the kitchen to grab a sandwich. Derek hadn't returned from his run, instead was giving the betas time to themselves. Erica and Boyd were concerned that Derek hadn't returned, but Isaac wasn't he knew what Derek was planning.

Isaac grabbed a bottle of water and headed back to Boyd and Erica who both pulled him down onto the sofa between them. Erica kissed the side of Isaac' cheek and rested her head on his shoulder. Boyd looked at the younger beta, Isaac was the youngest of the three of them so they felt it was their duty to protect him. Isaac muttered that he was okay, though neither of them believed him.

"I'm fine," Isaac mumbled, as he felt Erica pressing her head against his. "Erica,"

"You're not fine, you're scared," Erica told him, as she wrapped her arms around him tightly and hugged him.

"Erica, what did I say before?" Boyd asked, glancing around Isaac to peer at Erica who smiled innocently at him.

"To leave him," Erica mumbled hugging Isaac tighter and poking her tongue out at Boyd.

"I'm okay," Isaac repeated glancing at Boyd who just sighed and let Erica continue hugging him.

"Jacalyn's staying with Peter a few days according to Derek," Boyd offered helpfully as he put one of the many Batman movies on.

"I don't think she'd ever do anything to hurt you," Erica said as she let go of Isaac and the three of them settled into the lounge to watch the movie. "I get the feeling the only person she does is Peter,"

Erica's comment about Jacalyn and Peter made both Boyd and Isaac laugh as it was most likely true from their perspective. Isaac closed his eyes as they sat on the lounge, he didn't intend on going to sleep it just happened. Boyd and Erica didn't stop him instead they fell asleep with him, ending in a pile of beta's.

While Derek was out running in the preserve he ran into Scott who had a few things that he wanted to get off of his chest. Derek was half expecting everything that Scott unloaded onto him about Isaac, about Jacalyn even though he didn't know the older woman only from what Isaac had told him. Derek stopped at the edge of the cliff, where Scott had found Isaac the night before and sat down on one of the boulders.

"You've been following me for the last hour Scott," Derek said as he uncapped his bottle of water before drinking half of it. "What do you want?"

"Is Isaac really one of you?" Scott questioned sitting on the boulder beside the older wolf.

"Yes," Derek's answer was straightforward or so he thought as he looked to Scott who was intently listening to his heart.

"Did you know? Is that why you bit him?" Scott asked, after hearing no lie in Derek's heart from the first question he'd asked him.

"No I didn't know," Derek sighed exasperatedly, as he turned his head to face Scott before he spoke again. "You know that's not why I bit him,"

"Why did you?" Scott questioned, pausing fr a split second before he asked another question. "Is his mother really your aunt?"

"Scott, you know why I did...and yes his mother really is my aunt, she's human," Derek answered, running a hand over his face before he started talking again. "She and Peter are basically twins...she's just under a year younger than him. Jacalyn was eighteen when Isaac was born,"

Scott stared incredulously at Derek, his heart beat had remained steady the entire time that he was talking. Derek watched as Scott everything in that he was saying, wondering if the teenager believed him or thought that it was a lie. Scott couldn't make up his mind what he thought, but he was certain that Peter was the father.

"Scott. Listen to me right now. My aunt his is mother, and she regretted every second of not being with Isaac," Derek told him before he was standing up and getting ready to go running again. "Now you can either run with me or go home,"

"I want to meet your aunt," Scott told him, Derek sighed he knew that was coming and he knew that Peter wouldn't want Jacalyn meeting Scott alone.

"You'll find her with Peter,"