Chapter 09: No one is mad at you

Jacalyn led Scott further into Peter's apartment before the two of them were sitting on the sofa in the living room. Peter had retreated to his study, intent on listening to every word that Scott and Jacalyn talked about. Peter had decided long ago that it was his job to look after Jacalyn even if she didn't need it.

"Isaac told me that you were his mother, is that true?" Scott questioned the second that they were sitting down.

"Yes it's true. I was still just a kid...nineteen years old," Jacalyn told him pausing as before she spoke again. "You don't believe me,"

"If you were really his mother why did you leave him?" Scott asked, he didn't know if Isaac had asked that question but he had to know, he had to protect his friend.

"Because Scott, I didn't want him to grow up like I had. I was the only human in a pack of werewolves," Jacalyn said, Scott raised his eyebrow at her before he spoke.

"What about the reports that there were humans that died?" Scott questioned, this caught Peter's attention as he wondered what Jacalyn was going to say.

"Our sister's husband was a bitten wolf, some of his nephews were here that night," Jacalyn answered as the rest of the people who had died in the fires had been wolves. "I was meant to be in Beacon Hills but I missed my flight home,"

"She got home to our home in ruins, finding Derek and Laura at the Sheriff's station and myself in the hospital," Peter said stepping out of the study causing Scott to look up at him. "You still don't believe her,"

Scott shook his head, the only way that he was going to be convinced that Jacalyn was who she said she was, was a medical test. Scott wanted her to take a genetic test to see if Isaac shared her DNA. Jacalyn would do it if, and only if Isaac was willing. Peter rolled his eyes, he didn't see the point, he, Derek and Jacalyn knew the truth.

"You want me to do this, for whose benefit?" Jacalyn questioned, folding her arms as she looked at Scott and then glanced at Peter. "Yours or Isaac's?"

"Isaac's," Scott stated, his heartbeat fluttering as he spoke, Peter looked at Jacalyn with a smirk and slight head tilt.

"Really?" Peter raised his eyebrow, Scott nodded before he was excusing himself and leaving Peter's apartment.

"Peter, we both know he wants to know for his own benefit. He's a teenage boy," Jacalyn sighed, running a hand over her face as she looked at her older brother. "Even I could tell he didn't believe me and I'm human,"

"Not just any old human little sister,"

Jacalyn rolled her eyes at Peter before she pulling out her phone and messaging Derek about the predicament that Scott had thrust upon her. Derek read the message and shook his head as he walked back into the loft, having just finished his run. Derek nearly threw his phone at the wall in frustration instead aimed it for his bed and let go. Isaac, Boyd and Erica looked up when they heard Derek's phone falling off the bed onto the floor.

"Derek?" Boyd questioned, looking up as Derek collapsed backwards on his bed.

"Isaac, could you come over here a minute?" Derek questioned, not bothering to lift his head before he spoke again. "It's nothing bad, I just want to talk,"

Isaac looked at Boyd who nodded, Erica nodded as well before she was hugging Isaac tightly. "About?" Isaac asked, as he stood up after Erica had let go of him before he started walking over to him.

"Take a seat," Derek suggested, Isaac shook his head preferring to lean against the wall instead. "How would you feel about taking a DNA test? It would confirm what Jacalyn said,"

"I...I don't know...I mean it's not like she could have made up the picture..." Isaac said thinking about the picture that she'd handed him the day before. "She said that she has everything,"

"She does, she kept everything that they would let her," Derek said pausing before he spoke again. "The only reason I know is because Jackie was able to reverse the memory block that my mom did,"

Isaac looked at Derek and thought for a moment before he spoke telling him that he'd do it. He knew that Scott was the one that had said something to Jacalyn. Isaac hadn't thought that Scott would get that protective over him, he didn't know the full story.

"I think...was it Scott?" Isaac asked before he was sitting on Derek's bed next to him. "I didn't think he'd do anything...all I did was talk...well not talk..."

"Isaac, no one is mad at you," Derek told him, Isaac nodded he knew tat no one was mad, he was just scared that everything was going to change. "If you want to do the test, I can tell Jacalyn and we can meet her and Peter,"

"Can I think about it?" Isaac questioned, Derek nodded he could think about it for as long as he wanted no one was going to make him rush his decision.

"She'll never force you to do anything, and I know that I haven't always been the best alpha," Derek told Isaac, who rolled his eyes – he knew that Derek hadn't been the best alpha.

Derek didn't care how long Isaac thought about it and he knew that Jacalyn and Peter didn't care either. Scott seemed to be the only one that was insisting on anything. It didn't take Isaac long to decide that he wanted to know if everything that he'd been told in the past forty-eight hours was true.

"Jacalyn's made the appointment for tomorrow, the doctor you're meeting with was a friend of my mothers," Derek told Isaac a few hours later after talking with Jacalyn and Peter who were staying away from the loft until Isaac was ready though Peter wanted to strangle Scott.

"Okay...what time? I have school tomorrow..." Isaac said looking up from where he and Boyd were sitting talking, Erica had run off to the preserve.

"Ten, I'm sure Boyd can cover for you," Derek answered, looking to Boyd who nodded he'd come up with something.

"Explosive diarrhoea work?" Boyd smirked, he was going to get Isaac back for earlier in the year. Isaac sighed but nodded, knowing what was going through Boyd's head.

"Seriously?" Derek raised his eyebrow, and thought to himself, 'teenagers'.