Chapter 17: Wouldn't Change A Thing

Jacalyn had Isaac sitting on the toilet seat, while Boyd was leaning against the counter. Jacalyn moved to Boyd first, purely so that the teenager didn't fall into a heap. Erica and Cora watched from the hallway, neither girl sure of what was going to happen.

"Derek, go into my bag there should be two bottles labelled with wolfsbane, get them both," Jacalyn said before she was telling Cora to get a small bowl from the kitchen and Peter to get a lighter. "This is might hurt a little,"

"What are you going to get them to do?" Erica asked as Peter, Derek and Cora returned with the required items.

"Cure the poisoning from the inside out," Jacalyn answered, taking a deep breath as she closed her eyes for a second.

"Are these really wolfsbane?" Cora questioned as she snatched one of the bottles from Derek and inspected it.

"Yes, now give me the bowl, bottles and lighter," Jacalyn held her hands out for the items, once they were in her hands Derek leant against the wall closest to Boyd in order to grab him. "You three out, I need Derek in here,"

Erica, Cora and Peter stepped into the hallway as Derek reached over and closed the door, he knew what she was going to do and it wasn't going to pleasant. Jacalyn smiled at her nephew and then the two teenagers as she set the bowl on the counter and tipped a fraction of the wolfsbane from each bottle into the bowl. Derek grabbed hold of Boyd before the teenager toppled over with Jacalyn holding Isaac with one hand.

"Derek, I'm going to light these on fire and I need you to not breathe in," Jacalyn said as she picked up the lighter and made the flame flicker before holding it over the bowl.

"Right, poisonous...but what?" Derek questioned, Jacalyn nodded and then shook her head she'd explain later.

"Boys, you might feel a little bit funny but I need you to breathe in and out on the count of three. Think you can do that?" Jacalyn questioned, Boyd and Isaac both nodded Isaac near sliding off the toilet seat in the process. "Easy," Jacalyn said as she quickly grabbed hold of Isaac and set the lighter down as the smoke wafted up from the bowl. "One hippopotamus, two hippopotamus, three hippopotamus...and in," Isaac and Boyd both inhaled as Derek and Jacalyn held them both steady. "One hippopotamus, two hippopotamus, three hippopotamus...and out," both teens shakily exhaled before collapsing against Derek and Jacalyn.

"Is everything okay in there sister dearest?" Peter questioned from outside the bathroom door when things went too quiet for his liking.

"Everything is fine Peter," Jacalyn called back before she extinguished the bowl of the burning wolfsbane and quickly covered it over not letting go of Isaac. "You can breathe now Derek,"

Derek let out the breath he'd been holding in and then started breathing normally as he carefully lowered Boyd to the ground and leant him against the cupboard doors. Jacalyn sat on the edge of the bath and held Isaac as his head rested against her shoulder. Derek watched as his aunt did things with one hand before he was helping her to pack everything up again.

"Aunt Jackie?" Cora questioned, knocking on the bathroom door she wanted to know if her brother was still alive. "Is everyone alive?"

"Yes sweetheart we're all alive," Jacalyn laughed as she realised that she'd accidentally masked their heartbeats. "Little bit of accidental masking,"

"You can still do that?" Peter questioned, he remembered his little sister masking her own heartbeat on more than one occasion.

"Yes Peter, how do you think I always one at hide and seek?" Jacalyn answered, smirking at Derek who rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Sorry Der,"