Chapter 06: Talking Helps

At Peter's apartment he and Jacalyn were sitting in his study drinking coffee, Peter was confused as to why all the memories he had of when Isaac was born were coming to surface now. Jacalyn had been able to partially unlock the memories that Talia hid from Peter and Derek that involved her with her spark. Talia hadn't removed any of Jacalyn's memories as they didn't know what effect it would have on a human; and she figured that her little sister would learn to live with the regret. Jacalyn had, but that didn't mean it was easy by any means.

"Jackie, what did you do?" Peter questioned, running a hand over his face as he set his coffee cup down on the table.

"I was able to unlock some memories...only the ones that involved me...anything else is still a mystery," Jacalyn answered, drinking some more of the coffee she was curious as to exactly what had gone on while she was away. "Peter, Derek doesn't always tell me everything, you discovered something else didn't you?"

"I have a daughter, a teenager," Peter told her, he didn't tell her how he had found out or that she didn't know that they were related.

"You have a what now?" Jacalyn questioned, looking at Peter as she set her cup down on the table.

"A daughter...I don't know anything else," Peter answered, it was the only thing that Lydia and Allison had told him. "Our sister took those memories,"

"Don't look at me," Jacalyn told him, remembering Peter often keeping his relationships away from her. "I only remember the guy you dated and told me I wasn't allowed near," Jacalyn laughed, Peter glared at her in response, he'd dated a guy or two in high school and then primarily women.

"We never speak of him ever," Peter stated, Jacalyn rolled her eyes and nodded before Peter was talking again. "Derek's probably going to want to introduce you to the McCall pack,"

"The who now?" Jacalyn raised her left eyebrow at Peter and picked up her cup again.

"Scott McCall...he's well he's a True-Alpha, who helped Derek to save Boyd and Erica," Peter explained, Derek had told her a little but it hadn't been much to go on. "And he's the one that Derek asked to look for Isaac,"

"Let me guess, you, Derek and Cora never told him about me?" Jacalyn questioned, Peter nodded, none of them had said anything about there being another surviving Hale.

Both of them knew by now that Scott would have found out about Jacalyn from Isaac but not to what extent. Peter and Jacalyn stayed talking into the night after Derek told them that Isaac was planning on staying at Scott's the night. After Isaac fell asleep that night, Scott sat on the roof messaging Derek.

'What the hell aren't you telling me?' Scott sent at 11:33PM

'What do you mean?' Derek sent at 11:35PM

'About Isaac.' Scott sent at 11:36PM

'...' Derek sent at 11:37PM

'Did you know he was a Hale?!?!' Scott sent at 11:39PM

'No. Go to sleep Scott.' Derek sent at 11:40PM

Derek stared at his phone before switching it off, he couldn't deal with any more questions and he knew that there would only be more coming. Scott looked at his phone before climbing off the roof and back into his bedroom. Isaac was where he'd left him, curled in a ball at one side of his bed, he'd offered him the spare room but Isaac had refused. Scott took up the single sofa and settled into sleep while still keeping an eye on Isaac.

The next morning, Isaac left Scott's house after changing back into his clothes and giving him his back. Scott offered to give him a lift back but Isaac refused, intent on walking the full way back to the loft. He didn't know if Jacalyn would be there or not, he still hadn't actually talked with Derek. Boyd and Erica hadn't messaged him to tell him what was going on either. By the time Isaac made it back to the loft, Boyd was sitting on the sofa with Erica leaning against him watching Batman. Boyd turned the volume down as he heard Isaac's footsteps nearing the loft, while Erica jumped up and stood with her arms crossed facing the door. Derek was on the balcony so he'd seen him approaching and stayed where he was.

"Where were you!? I was worried!" Erica exclaimed the second that Isaac was in the door of the loft before she was launching herself at him.

"Erica, leave him," Boyd said not moving from the sofa as he looked up to see Isaac trying to squirm free from Erica's death grip.

"No, not until he..." Erica trailed off when Isaac roughly pushed her away. "Isaac?"

"Leave me alone, Erica," Isaac muttered before he was heading towards his room as he couldn't smell Jacalyn anywhere.

"Derek's on the balcony," Boyd said, before Erica was jumping over the back of the lounge and into his lap.

Isaac nodded, he didn't really care but he knew that he had to talk to him at some point. Derek looked in through the dirty window and watched as Isaac headed away from Erica still in the direction of his room before heading back towards him. Isaac wasn't entirely sure how he was going to approach the situation, even though he'd thought about it he still didn't really know. Isaac hesitated running a hand through his hair before he was pulling open the door and stepping out.

"Derek...can we talk?" Isaac asked quietly, he still wasn't sure what he was going to say.

"About Jacalyn?" Derek answered, Isaac nodded he wanted to know more and if Derek knew anything else. "Ask me whatever you want,"

"Is she...really my mom?" Isaac questioned, leaning against the balcony and facing away from Derek. "Did you know?"

"She is," Derek told him pausing to take a deep breath before he started talking again. "No, I was only eight years old,"

"Was my father...was he my father?" Isaac asked uncertainly, Derek nodded Coach Lahey was indeed Isaac's father. "Was there a chance I could have been?"

"No, there wasn't a chance that you could have been born a werewolf...at least I don't think there was," Derek answered honestly before he realised that Isaac was looking at him strangely. "Your father was your father,"

"What's she like?" Isaac questioned, looking away from Derek and down the street.

"Like you...but not like you," Derek paused before carefully putting his hand on Isaac's shoulder. "Isaac, she was telling you the truth when she said that she didn't want you to grow up like she had,"