Chapter 10: Questions and some answers

The following day after convincing both Erica and Boyd to go to school, Derek and Isaac headed to meet with Peter and Jacalyn before Peter went off to do some research. Scott walked straight up to Boyd and questioned where Isaac was only to be told that he wasn't going to be in school, Scott had picked up on Boyd's lie. Immediately becoming concerned he moved to get Stiles to go looking for him. Boyd sighed and pulled Scott to the side.

"You really want to know? This is your fault," Boyd stated folding his arms as he heard Stiles racing up to the door only to be stopped by Erica.

"How is it my fault?" Scott questioned, looking up at Boyd and then towards the classrooms door.

"You found him and scared the shit out of him. So now he's doing something that he didn't really want to do to begin with," Boyd told him, still with his arms crossed as he listened to Erica telling Stiles to back off.

"He's scared of her, not me," Scott stated indignantly, he could hear Erica's frustrated sigh outside as Stiles tried his hardest to get in the room.

"No, he's confused. You would be too. He'll be back tomorrow, just drop it," Boyd told him before leaving the room and looping arms with Erica.

"Boyd!"

Boyd rolled his eyes as he and Erica listened to Scott and Stiles yelling after them until Mrs Martin told them both to go to class. Boyd looked at Erica as they ducked out of the school and headed towards the lacrosse field. Erica grinned she'd picked up on something from Stiles about Scott while Scott was talking with Boyd.

"I know that look, what is it?" Boyd questioned, folding his arms as they crossed the field and found somewhere to sit out of sight from everyone. "Erica?"

"Did you notice anything when you were talking to Scott?" Erica answered as she scooted closer to Boyd and threw her arm around his shoulder.

"Anything like what?" Boyd asked, he wanted to know if Erica was thinking the same thing he was.

"His voice. He's worried about Isaac...not in the same way that we are," Erica said, the way that she and Boyd were worried about Isaac was more of a family worry. "He likes him,"

Meanwhile, Isaac was sitting in the back seat of Derek's Camaro as the older man drove them to a clinic just outside of Beacon Hills. The doctor they were meeting with worked part time at the clinic and at the hospital. Isaac was worried that they were taking him to his doom, and both Derek and Jacalyn could sense it.

"Isaac, sweetheart you don't have to be scared," Jacalyn said as she glanced in the back seat at Isaac who nodded he knew that.

"I know...I just can't help it," Isaac mumbled, Jacalyn nodded in understanding before she turned back to Derek.

"It's not going to hurt," Derek told him, glancing back as they stopped at a set of traffic lights.

"I just...I don't know, this is all weird to me," Isaac told the two of them, Derek nodded he knew how awkward Isaac was feeling about the entire situation of finding something completely unexpected.

"Just relax if you can,"

By the time they pulled u at the clinic, Isaac had worked himself into panic and was curled up in the backseat so Derek had climbed in the back with him and was trying to get him to calm down. Derek wasn't able to help him, so he got out and Jacalyn climbed in with him. Jacalyn smiled at Isaac before she slowly took one of his hands in hers.

"You know what, you're allowed to be scared, you're allowed to be terrified," Jacalyn spoke quietly to Isaac holding his hand tighter as she did. "Whatever happens doesn't have to change anything unless you want it to,"

"You're just...you're just saying that," Isaac stuttered, Jacalyn shook her head she wasn't just saying it she wanted it to be completely up to him with what he did.

"Try and take some deep breaths for me," Jacalyn smiled at him, Isaac nodded before he was slowly taking deep breaths. "That's it, just focus on me or Derek while we're here...do you think you can do that?"

Isaac took as many deep breaths as he could before the three of them were heading inside, the only reason that Derek was with them was just in case Isaac ran. Isaac followed closely behind Derek and Jacalyn as they walked inside and to the reception desk. Jacalyn did the talking before the three of then sat down and waited for their turn. Once they were in the room, the doctor explained what the process was and how long it would take.

"Isaac?" Derek asked, noticing that the beta had zoned out while listening to what the doctor was saying.

"Jacalyn, are you sure you want to do this to the child?" Doctor Malthus questioned, looking at Jacalyn and then at Isaac and Derek.

"I am, and he's okay with it. Just scared like any kid would be," Jacalyn answered as Isaac nodded before he was closing his eyes. "You already know what the results will be don't you?"

"I do, it's why your mother and sister trusted me," Doctor Malthus answered, pausing before she continued to speak. "But we will do the scientific way so that you have a record – I do believe both of you already know what's in your heart,"

Half an hour later and they were leaving the clinic with Doctor Malthus telling them that they would receive the results within the following two weeks. Isaac decided that he wanted to know more about Jacalyn, as what Doctor Malthus had said had struck a chord with him. Jacalyn agreed to head back to the loft with them, sending Peter a message to pick her up later.

"What do you want to know? You know we don't have to talk about everything right now," Jacalyn smiled at Isaac, as Derek left them to go onto the balcony.

"Did you know about my mom and dad?" Isaac asked, that was something that had been bugging him for the last few days.

"No, not until I found out that I was pregnant...and as far as I knew until Talia told me, I thought your dad was maybe twenty-one not twenty-eight...he never said," Jacalyn answered only taking a breath at the end of her train of thought before she continued. "I didn't know about your mom or Camden until then,"

"Would you really have come and taken me?" Isaac asked, he didn't want to ask more about his mom and dad as her heartbeat was telling him what he wanted to know.

"I would, but you were happy...it was before your mom died," Jacalyn explained, she'd seen him from a distance multiple times and had no idea about what had happened to him until talking with Derek at the start of the year.

"Scott...he's worried that you're lying to me," Isaac admitted, taking a breath before he spoke again. "I...I know that you're not," Jacalyn smiled at him, realising that he'd been thinking about it a lot.