Chapter 05: Is Peter his father?

Scott took Isaac back to his house, just in time for Melissa to take the keys from him and head to work. Melissa looked at Isaac and then at Scott who mouthed 'later' to her. Scott had Isaac follow him until they reached the laundry where Scott pulled out some dry towels. Isaac looked uncertainly at Scott who tossed him one before the two went to his room where Scott rummaged around for some dry clothes. A few minutes later and Scott had found things that he thought that Isaac might fit into until his were dry.

"Here, these should fit...bathrooms down the hall," Scott offered, Isaac nodded taking the clothes and heading down the hall to the bathroom. Scott waited until Isaac had gone before he pulled out his phone sending Derek a message telling him that he'd found Isaac and that he was staying with him. "You okay Isaac?" Scott called after five minutes, he'd gotten changed and tossed his wet clothes in the hamper.

"Hmmphf," Isaac's reply was muffled, so Scott didn't know what to make of it, he was unsure if Isaac had still been crying or not.

Scott cautiously walked from his room to the hallway bathroom and knocked on the door. "Isaac?" Scott questioned, quietly he knew that Isaac could hear him as he heard a few sniffles and nose blows on toilet paper. "Come on, we'll order pizza and watch a movie,"

Isaac pulled open the door and held the wet towel and his clothes in his arms. "Uh...where do I put these?" Scott took them and had Isaac follow him back to the laundry where he put them all in the clothes dryer.

"They should be done by the time the movie's over," Scott said looking at Isaac whose face was suddenly even more downcast than before. "I didn't mean...stay the night. I won't make you go back,"

Isaac nodded before Scott was pulling out his phone again and ordering a half pepperoni-half sausage pizza. Scott allowed Isaac to decide on the movie, without thinking Isaac had picked up Despicable Me. Isaac handed Scott the movie before the older teen stuck it in and they both settled onto the lounge.

"Pizza should be here in twenty," Scott told him as he watched Isaac curl into the corner of the lounge slightly. "I know you don't want to talk about whatever happened today, but if you do..." Scott trailed off as Isaac nodded at him.

"You're here...I know..." Isaac didn't look at Scott as he spoke, his brain was too all over the place to concentrate, to focus.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure that it can't be too horrible," Scott said, he wasn't sure that those were the right words to say but it was all that he could think of before they settled in to watch the movie.

Twenty minutes into the movie and Scott was getting up and answering the door, paying for the pizza which had Isaac feeling guilty. Scott told him that he could buy the next one as this one was on him. Isaac nodded, though he still felt guilty as they started to eat the pizza. Another twenty minutes passed in silence before Isaac started talking quietly.

"I...I found out something this morning...and I don't know what to do," Isaac started, pausing to try and think of what he wanted to say. "My dad...before the last fight, before he died. He said that he wished they hadn't said yes. I didn't know what he meant," Isaac rambled, taking a deep breath before he looked at Scott and started talking again. "Mom...she wasn't my mom..."

"Wasn't your mom?" Scott questioned, while thinking about everything Isaac was saying to him. Isaac nodded as he reached for a tissue.

"Derek's aunt, she...she has a picture of me and her from when I was a baby...she said she has everything from when I was born..." Isaac said as his voice got quieter, he wasn't sure why he was telling Scott what had happened that morning. "I'm...I think...I'm a Hale...and Derek and Peter they knew..." Isaac glanced at Scott, he couldn't tell what the True-Alpha was feeling over his own emotions.

Scott could feel his blood starting to boil, but he had to keep his calm for Isaac's sake. He didn't want Isaac knowing that he was going to strangle Derek and Peter. Isaac put his head in his hands and closed his eyes, he could feel himself wanting to cry again before he started to speak again. Isaac felt his voice starting to tremble as the words tumbled out of his mouth.

"She didn't want me...she said she did but if she did why would she give me up? She said she didn't want me to grow up like she had...." Isaac's voice faltered as he spoke and soon enough he found Scott's arms wrapped around him and he was crying again. Isaac hated himself, he hated the Hales...he just didn't know what to do.

"Isaac, it's okay...I'm sure she didn't know what was going to happen," Scott spoke to him quietly, keeping his voice as calm as he could. "Stay here until you're ready to go back,"

"I...don't know if I can...I kind of ran off," Isaac mumbled sniffling as Scott handed him another tissue which he used until he was soggy and tossed it into the small pile he had forming beside him "Scott, what...do I do?"

"Get some sleep, we can talk more when you're ready," Scott smiled at him, his mother wasn't going to be back until the morning as she was doing a double shift.

The movie was almost over but neither of them had been paying attention after Isaac had started talking about what had happened Scott's focus had been on making sure that he was okay he didn't care about the movie. Isaac just didn't know what he was going to do. Scott knew that he had to somehow get Isaac talking with Derek or even to the aunt that he didn't know existed.

Back at the loft, Erica was still interrogating Derek, she wanted to know as much as she could about his aunt. Boyd had given up and was sitting reading his military history book. He was half listening to Erica's rambling as she talked, while Derek stood up to leave the room. Erica raced to be standing in front oft him folding her arms.

"Derek. Did you know?" Erica asked again, Derek had been avoiding giving them any kind of answer at all. "Derek!"

"You can't just go asking about someone's life," Derek stated, he didn't want to talk about something that he wasn't confident to talk about to begin with.

"Is Peter his father?" Erica questioned, this time catching both Derek and Boyd off guard as Boyd's book fell to the ground Derek flashed his eyes red at her and growled.

"Erica, no," Derek growled, before pushing past her and through to the bathroom and shutting the door behind him.

"That wasn't a lie," Boyd said as he picked up his book and put the bookmark in it. "But Erica, why the fuck did you ask that?"

"Well he isn't giving us any answers!" Erica exclaimed, Boyd rolled his eyes and hook his head motioning for her to join him on the couch. "What did you expect me to do?"

"I don't know, not that," Boyd sighed, as Erica got closer he pulled her down on to the couch. "Just lay off asking him any more questions...do you think you can do that?"

"Maybe...I can try..." Erica grinned before, Boyd shook his head and leaned back against the couch with Erica's head landing on his shoulder.