Chapter 27

In the evening, the entire team plus Sebastian is assembled in the living room of Rosie's team's apartment to watch the sum-up of the interviews. As predicted Steffen moves on to the next round, however, Megan Owen crashes on stage revealing a major temper problem. She storms off stage in rage due to a question questioning her professionalism. Sebastian had seen it coming. Destiny Sparks and Zack Springfield who followed in the evening both manage to avoid Albina's bullets, moving on to the next round. That makes three moving on and one leaving already the first day. It could have been worse; Rosie thinks to herself. She excuses herself and goes to bed. Sebastian is worried that something is wrong, but Barry manages to convince him that she is fine. "She's holding up better than expected," Sebastian comments, considering all the events. "That poor girl has been through worse than all of us combined already before coming here. By time, it loses the affect," Alana says, feeling sorry for Rosie. "It's good that in all this turmoil and drama, she still has friends and people around her who cares about her," Flora says. She is brushing her hair which became tangled when she showered. "Well, to crash the pity party, Sebastian and especially Rosie have to determine what topics they find alarming and which are relatively safe. Albina has a way of manipulating words," Eric says, having had enough of the sad mood that they had all descended to. "I'm not worried about any questions. Being a millionaire's son, I've adjusted to the spotlight. The trick is diverting the attention towards something else once a hard question is asked," Sebastian says relaxed. "Well, you are not my concern," Eric answers rather annoyed. Having watched Albina grill the other contestants hasn't really excited him. "Rose will be fine. She's already an open book, besides if it all glitches she can just play madly in love. The audience loves a good love story and is probably dying not knowing what is going on in here," Sebastian answers. He does not realize that the way he spoke about it would indicate that the love story between him and Rosie is pure show. However, Barry notices this and is suddenly much more alert when it comes to his cunning doppelgänger. Given his past, Sebastian could be capable of anything.

With the roof still being repaired from the fire, Rosie keeps herself to the apartment the next day. After all, it is supposed to be every contestant's base of operation. "It's tough," Barry notices. He has come to the living room where Rosie is trying to figure out which topics are timebombs and which ones are safe. Rosie smiles gently. Barry takes a look at all the paper pieces with different topics on them. "You should probably avoid that one," Barry says pointing at a piece with the word "murder". Rosie smiles silly. "You are probably right. Have you heard anything from your father, regarding my mother's case?" Rosie asks. It feels so normal to talk about now. But it still stings. "Not any more than we already know. He thinks Robert showing up was weird and even more that it wasn't broadcasted," Barry says thoughtfully. "It's not that weird. With every catastrophe the critics grow meaner. The Rescue Round wasn't really a success and it nearly cancelled the show," Rosie says defending the decision made by Sebastian's father. "Of course. There is a reasonable explanation for everything," Barry says. He pauses for a second before asking, "Rose, I know that you are not a professional model, but have you considered becoming it? Being someone's assistant is not really a career choice for anyone." Rosie is not surprised that he would ask. She has been giving it some thought but with everything that has happened, she has never really looked into it. "I've considered it. But I don't know if it's the right thing for me. I mean, being in the spotlight all the time. I'm terrible when it comes to acting and I don't know how to pose for a camera. I'm not particularly photogenic," Rosie answers. Barry smiles at her. "Well, you've shown all that on the show so far and yet you are still here," he smiles. "As long as it lasts," Rosie says neutrally. Barry cannot determine whether she wants to be off the show or if she wants to go all the way. Sebastian thought that she could after all. "Are you worried about the interview?" Barry asks. Rosie smiles, but her smile quickly fades. "I'm terrified actually. I'm afraid of saying something wrong, letting Eric down. I still have a deal with him. He helped me and now I am helping him. That's how it works," Rosie says avoiding answering more specifically. "You don't owe him anything anymore. Rose, from the very beginning of all this, everybody said that you were going to win. They were certain. I still am. Sebastian is counting on you. But most importantly, you have to see this through to know if this is a path that you would like to continue. I have faith in you. You should have faith in yourself too," Barry encourages. Rosie recognizes some sense in his words, but could she really be a model? "Well, then I better prove them right," she says confidently but really, she is doubting it.