Uh... Meow?

The next day was a pain.

Robots were everywhere around the forest. You didn't have any leeway to venture anywhere past a few feet from the cave. Some people from the military and their dogs were out alongside the drones. There was no way you could get out for breakfast now! They could spot you. You didn't want to take any risks.

Was this all because of the blackout Sonic had caused? Most likely. He explained everything to you the night before. That by itself gave you even more of a reason to snuggle up and hug him to get him to sleep through the night. He couldn't sleep, and being the good, caring friend you are, you helped him through it.

Nobody was bothered by your presence on Earth for 10 years because nobody knew you existed. Now that they finally had a lead...

Sonic wasn't taking the news very well. He was tense and anxious the entire day, just like the night before.

"Okay. Okay. Everything is fine." Sonic said to himself in a hushed voice, but still loud enough for you to hear. "You played some baseball, got a little upset, lightning shot out of your butt and now they're coming for you."

"So-" he ran back inside before you could finish. You followed him back into the cave, trying your best to confront the frantic teen.

___

"Alright, alright, Earth isn't safe anymore. Time for Plan B— Mushroomville. Gotta take our stuff!"

"Sonic—"

"Essential items only. Toothbrush, toothpaste, hair gel, nightlight, funny hat." He stuffed the items into his backpack and plopped his hat on his head as you watched him dash around, disquieted. You never saw him get this upset, let alone get upset at all. He was a mellow hedgehog, most of the time.

"This half-eaten cantaloupe, (Y/N)'s scented candle, oh—! My entire comic book collection... bean bag chair. Can a bean bag chair fit in a backpack— no no no, of course not, that's stupid— now, what else..? The rings! The rings, yes of course!" He dashed over to the ring bag and grabbed it.

"Here we go, ring time. Mushroom planet, here I come—"

The search units were right outside. He froze mid-throw and his breath hitched.

"Oh no! They're right outside... I-I gotta go somewhere else!" He ran to the exit, seemingly forgetting about you before turning around, eyes glossy. "Goodbye, cave." With that said and done, he ran off somewhere to go to the mushroom planet.

"Sonic, wait up!" You growled, running after him.

___

"I'll stay outside and keep watch. You go inside and open the portal to the mushroom planet. I'll follow you in when the coast is clear." You explained.

You finally caught up to him, right where you knew he would be, outside of Donut Lord's house. Seeing the hedgehog in a flurry like this was uncommon— usually when the loneliness of your little duo got to him. It was generally you who had to pry him out of his gloomy mood. Gloomy Sonic wasn't pretty.

Sonic nodded to register your plan. He heaved himself up onto a trash can and jumped into the window of the garage. He left behind a loud CRASH as he went through, but hopefully not loud enough to alert anyone. You followed his lead by leaping from the fallen can, but sticking right outside the windowsill to scan for anyone who might be coming from the forest.

"Alright. I'm in. With minimal damage to Donut Lord's property." Sonic whispered, landing down onto the cold ground of the garage. "Didn't work out on Earth, but that's okay! You're going to a safe world. A nice, safe world filled only with mushrooms! Mushrooms that will be your only friends... that sounds awful. I can't do this! You have to do it, (Y/N)'s counting on you, there's no other option."