The Piston Pit

Tom stepped out of the truck, shutting the door. He took out a hat, put it on his head, and walked around the front to the open window of the passenger seat. He propped his arm on it and looked down at you.

"Alright. I'm gonna go check in with Wade, see if he knows what's going on." He explained.

"You're gonna go see Wade in that glass thing?" Sonic joked, leaning against the dash.

"What is it? Some kind of teleportation box?" You asked with a curious glint in your shimmering eyes.

Tom looked back behind him. It was indeed a box that you and Sonic could not register. You two were aliens, you didn't know much past the whats-it's and thingummies of Green Hills, so he should at least give you some dispensations, right?

"It's a payphone." He said. "It's usually for drug dealers and fugitives of the law, which is us."

Oh. So that's what it is. Now it made sense.

"Stay in the car. I don't want anyone seeing you."

Sonic scoffed, "Ugh. Fine." and Tom walked away.

___

You were looking out the window at the night sky. A calm breeze was stirring in the air, and you were at peace. It danced in your (fur/feathers/etc), trickling through every strand.

Meanwhile, Sonic was messing around with the wheel of the car, pretending he was driving the thing. He was even making the noises of a car on occasion.

Tom was still on the phone with Wade. It was boring to sit in the car alone and wait for him, but what else were you to do? There was nothing exciting.

And that's when the gods answered your prayers.

You suddenly heard loud music, catching your attention. Sonic's ears flicked to the direction of the sound. He paused and looked over to his left.

'The Piston Pit' was the place where all the sound came from. There were people gathered there, doing cool stunts and burning tires. It wasn't really your style, but from the look on Sonic's face, he was going to try and convince you to go with him.

"Okay, that is the coolest place I have ever seen." Sonic said dramatically, clenching fists. "Hey now. Tom said to stay in the car, and we should listen to him." You flicked his nose.

That had no effect on him.

He eyed more action and put his face up to the glass of the window. He breathed so rapidly, it fogged up in an instant. He wiped it off with his glove just so he could see it better. It was almost pathetic, but this was the action he yearned for for years and years, so you couldn't really blame him.

The people outside were doing awesome tricks on their motorcycles and monsters trucks, combining the machinery with fire and havoc.

"Be strong, be strong..." the back of the car seat bounced back and forth, back and forth. Sonic was at his breaking point.

He spotted a pair of sunglasses above his seat, and smirked with a look in his eyes. Oh no.

"(Y/NNNN)?" He turned to you.

"Yes, Sonic?" You said, raising a brow. You could only wish it wasn't what you thought it was going to be.

"Ready to have the time of your life?"

___

Tom walked out of the gas station with a bit of food in hand with the intention of leaving peacefully for a nearby motel and letting you two eat. He finished his conversation with Wade, which ended on a low note because of a certain scientist's interruption, so he quickly hung up.