This One's Cute

Sonic eventually caught up to the truck. He snagged open the door, hanging on it for a second, and jumped in, struggling to shut it.

The second robot flared to life and emerged from the belly of the tank, speeding down the road to you.

"I think that tank just had a baby." Sonic pointed out awkwardly.

With determination, you hopped in the back seat and kept a close eye on its movement.

"(Y/N)?" Tom hummed, looking back at you.

"I'll keep watch." You replied quickly, paying close attention to the quickly-approaching robot. The cop turned around to keep his head in the game.

Sonic was surprisingly silent in the front seat. He was probably still a little tense from the argument he just finished not even five minutes ago. You figured he needed some room to breathe. You didn't really mind that he yelled at you, he's just got a lot coursing through his mind. Ever since he first stepped foot onto that baseball field.

Maybe he just needed some time to ease his mind. He hasn't exactly had the best room to breathe since the government learned of his existence. Heck, they still didn't even know you existed in particular! The doctor... scientist... guy went down before he could catch a glimpse of your (F/C) (fur/feathers/quills/etc.)

You were so caught up in your pondering that you barely even noticed that the robot began shooting out a disc at the truck.

"Incoming!" You called, giving Tom the heads up to swerve the car to the side. A car up ahead was unlucky and had the disc deactivate it, spiraling it out of control and onto the side of the road. Tom drove on right past it.

Sonic jumped into the back with you and instead of sitting, he continued on his path and climbed into the bed of the truck. "Where are you going?" Tom asked.

"Just drive the car." Sonic muttered with a sharpness to his voice that he didn't want to talk.

"Sonic, I—"

Did I not make myself clear enough?" He growled, again was that unusual coldness present in his voice. "Shut it!"

You shrunk in your seat, a bit saddened by how he was treating you. You'd definitely have to confront him about it later. If there was even a 'later' to confront him with.

"I'll take care of this. And, hey, Jerk Lord. If I don't make it, just ditch me. You seem good at that." The hedgehog said at last, turning his back to you.

A few more discs shot out of the robot. Sonic got onto the very back of the truck and leaped off, landing on two of the discs. Sparks flew as he slid past on the discs like a hoverboard. He grabbed the third, jumping up onto the robot, peering down into the 'eye' of it. He knew the doctor was watching from there.

"Hey everyone! Welcome back to my livestream." Sonic chirped into it. "Today we'll be destroying robots. Step one..." he slammed the disc into the camera and got off, running back into the truck with you. The robot malfunctioned, veering off course and onto the side of the road in a giant explosion.

"Yes, we did it!" Sonic cheered victoriously.

That victorious feeling went away almost as fast as it came when yet another robot emerged from the corpse of the old one, this time with one wheel.

"We did not do it... Who is this guy?" Your hedgehog friend pouted.

"My turn." Tom unbuckled his seatbelt and pressed a few buttons on the dash. "Just keep us going straight, I put in cruise control."

Sonic denied your offer of help and hopped in front alone. How he was driving, you had no idea. Regardless of what he said, you sat beside him in front and just watched the chaos unfold.

Rings - Movie!Sonic x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें