World Adventure

"I was not expecting that," Eggman said breathlessly after peering down towards the echoes of screams. "But I was expecting not to expect something, so it doesn't count."

All of the robots began firing at the lone hedgehog, but right as they were closing in...

Time froze again.

He looked down at an invisible watch of his, tapping his foot on the floor impatiently. Huh, looks like I took 9 million steps today, what a record! Raising his head, he gave a smug look as he wiped the missiles off of their projected course and away from him.

Eggman's finger was nearing the button.

Sonic grabbed two missiles and used them as drumsticks on the others before jumping down onto a drone, planting one of the missiles he grabbed and causing it to explode. He did the same to another drone, leaping off and heading for the side of the building.

Eggman's finger was right over the button.

He jumped onto one last drone, took two missiles out from in the air, and slid on his knees down the side of the building, throwing them into the middle of another drone and raising his hands up in victory as the explosion could barely catch up to him.

Eggman's finger touched the button. The quill reacted and the jet was covered in blue lightning before shooting right up into the sky.

Sonic tilted two more of the drones toward each other and made finger guns, going, "Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew!" as he walked backwards down the building side. The drones were firing missiles at each other.

The jet was coming right at him.

Sonic heard a strange roaring noise and looked forward to see the jet coming straight for him. His eyes widened.

Red lightning came from beneath the jet and Sonic was too slow to evade them. He yelped before being shot and blasted off the side of the building, blacking out.

___

The muffled screams of three brought Sonic back into reality. Blinking away his exhaustion, he noticed you, Tom and Maddie were still falling. He panicked, flailing his arms around in the air.

His rings were falling with him, they were scattered all around from the impact of the blast. If he could just...

He hopelessly tried reaching his hand through the air for the nearest ring. No luck. He just barely met the small thing. He tried swimming in the air to grab it, getting anxious but just barely not meeting the top of it. Your screams for help sure didn't help him.

"Come on, come, come, come, come, come, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on!!!" He wailed, continuing to reach for it, but it was just barely out of his reach.

Then, he had an idea.

He reached into his spines, snagging one of his quills and taking hold of it with a satisfactory snap. He took it and reached out again, looping it into the middle of the ring and drawing it to him, finally grabbing the small thing.

You three were still yelling for help, nearing the ground.

After a few moments he finally caught his grip on the side of the building, racing towards you three. He sharply inhaled before instinctively throwing it towards you. It opened right before you hit the ground, pulling you through to a barn. It might have saved you, but it didn't save Sonic. It closed right before he could jump through, and only then did he realize his crash-course straight for the ground.

Sonic tried skidding himself to a halt, waving his arms around nervously, but to no avail. He crashed into the trees, hitting all the branches on his way down, before collapsing on the ground. Luckily, he wasn't hit by any of the falling drones and rings that smashed on the ground next to him. He groaned weakly, unable to get up.