05.

~ Dana's POV ~

I go back in the hospital because he got me wondering. Who is he visiting here?

I follow him to the third floor and made sure I was a bit further than him so he doesn't notice.

I see him go in a room and I walked over to it. I stayed outside and just listened in. I could barely hear what he was saying but I heard him say Dad. Is that his Dad who he's visiting? I wonder what happened with his Dad.

After a few minutes, he stopped talking.

Why doesn't he visit his Dad often? And what's wrong with his Mom?

I see him coming towards the door and I bolt. I did not want him catching me.

Obviously I can't tell him that I followed him and was trying to eavesdrop in on his conversation with his Dad.

"I went to the bathroom..." I lied. God, I felt bad.

"This long?" He furrows his brows.

"Yeah... I really had to go..."

"Okay..." he says. I know he doesn't believe me but I'm hoping he just lets me go.

"Yeah... I gotta go. I have class," I lie. I didn't have any classes today.

I leave the hospital and get in my car. I go to Kenny's contact and call him.

"Hey, Kenny... want to meet at my apartment? I have to tell you something...and it's important," I tell him. It was time. I couldn't wait any longer now. I also couldn't look at Bryson's face any longer. He was the one who Ida cheated with.

***

I finally get back to my apartment. Kiana was eating and watching tv.

"Hey, why do you look so like..." she says but stops.

"Kenny's coming over," I tell her.

"Oh, why?"

"I have to tell him something."

"Do you need me to leave?"

"No, you should stay. You'd probably want to hear this."

"Oh God, what is it?" She sets her bowl down.

"You'll know."

My phone rings and I answer it.

"I'm coming down to get you," I tell Kenny.

I go down to get him and we were all in the apartment. They both sat on the couch while I stood in front of them.

"So... what is it that you want to tell me?" He asks.

I sigh heavily.

"This isn't good," Kiana says. "You just sighed loudly."

"Ida cheated on you," I blurted out.

"What?" Kiana says.

Kenny doesn't say anything.

"Are you going to say something?" I ask him.

"Nah, you're lying," he says.

"Kenny," I say his name. "I'm serious. She cheated on you."

"When?" He asks.

"At the bonfire," I answer. "Remember when you were looking for her? She was with..."

"Who was she with?"

I hesitated to answer. "Bryson... I saw them go in a car and drive off and I followed. Then, I saw them in the car making out and... you can probably figure out where that lead...I left after that..."