17.

~ Bryson's POV ~

"So, did you want to talk to me about something?" I ask her. I could tell she was a bit shy because she kept avoiding my eye contact and looking around. Even when we were out there.

"Well..." she starts to say. "I wanted to... talk about what happened earlier..."

"The kiss?" I ask.

She nods. "But if you don't want to, that's fine. No pressure here," she lets out a small, nervous chuckle.

"I do," I tell her.

"You do?" She finally looks up at me.

"But there isn't much to say about it, to be honest."

She narrows her eyes brows at me. "I'm sorry... what?"

"Well, I mean, we just.. kissed," I did a small shrug and lean back on the couch.

"No, we did more than just kiss, Bryson," she says to me. "We made out."

"I know," I say to her.

~ Dana's POV ~

I can't believe the audacity he has right now! Does he really not care? Did he not feel anything? I thought about him the whole entire time I was out with Evan and that gives me some kind of validation that maybe I am a little interested in Bryson. Or maybe I was this whole time and didn't realize it until him and I finally kissed. Or maybe, I'm just plain stupid and embarrassed myself.

"Could you give me something here?" I ask him.

"Like what?"

"I don't know like..." I sigh. "You know what, never mind. I should just go."

I get up from the couch and was about to take a step until he grabs my arm and I fall on his lap and he catches my lips and kisses me.

"There," he says, calmly, staring dead in my eyes. "I gave you something."

I can't help but crack a small smile.

"You're dumb," I tell him and get up from his lap and sit down on the couch next to him.

"I'm sorry, I'm not good with emotions or telling people how I feel," he says and scratches the back of his head.

"I could tell."

"Now, I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not..."

"You can decide that on your own," I shrug.

"Well, let me just say, that kiss that we shared in my car... it felt.. right. I know it may have seemed like I just needed something to clear my head and I hope you didn't take it that way..." he tells me. "Because I'm not trying to use you in any way at all."

"I didn't. If anything, you just got me thinking and wondering about it."

"Well, that's better than what I thought you were going to think."

"Can I tell you something?" I ask him.

"Yeah, go ahead."

"You were my first kiss," I tell him. I felt like I should tell him and thought why not just do it right now.

"No..." he says in disbelief. "No way."

"Yes.." I nod my head.

He chuckles. "Really?"

"Is it a bad thing?" I ask nervously. Maybe I shouldn't have.

"No, not at all. That didn't seem like your first kiss, let alone make out session," he tells me.

"Surprise," I raise my hands to shrug.

"Wow, maybe I need to test it again," he lets out a small chuckle.

"So you're going to take advantage of the whole situation, huh?" I fold my arms against my chest.

"No..."

"Cheeky, aren't ya?" I tap his nose. "This is weird, isn't it?"

"What is?" He asks.

"Like, we barely know each other and we just kissed... what is this now?"

"Well, what do you want it to be?"

"You're asking me?" I question. "I feel like I should be asking you that.."

"Me?"

"Along with some other questions.." I say.

"Which are?"

"So... what's the deal with you and your Dad?" I was still wondering about it.

He looks away from me and doesn't say anything.

"Sorry... maybe I shouldn't have asked that again..."

"No, I want to tell you... eventually," he says to me. "But... just not right now."

"That's fair. If you're not ready then that's totally fine!" I reassure him.

"Thanks, Dana."

***

"You're back already?" Kiana asks when I enter our apartment.

I close the door behind me. "We actually went out a bit earlier because he had something to do."

"Oh... what'd you guys do?"

"We just had a little picnic."

"Oh, that's cute!"

"Yeah, it was nice," I said. "I thought you were spending the night at Rodney's?"

"Nah, we got in a fight."

"What happened?"

"It's really stupid."

"I still want to know."

She sighs. "Well basically, we both were trying to decide on a movie to watch tonight but we kept disagreeing and I just left."

"Oh, yeah. That is worth fighting for," I say, sarcastically.

"I know! But it's okay. I'll see him tomorrow."

"You're so dramatic."

I didn't know if I should tell Kiana about the kiss and connection between Bryson and I. I'm not too sure on what she's going to think. Either she's going to be happy for me or she'll be a little iffy about it because I don't think she really likes Bryson because him and Ida—

Wait.

I just remembered.

Bryson and Ida slept together the night of the bonfire. And Kenny's my friend. But...

I should confront Bryson about it.

___

This chapter's a bit short because I felt like it was a good place to end the chapter.
This is about to get interesting & messsyy hehehe