Chapter 6

It's update day! Here's chapter 6, hope you all enjoy<3

-- if we can get the story to 100 votes, I'll update a chapter early while still sticking to the regular schedule! so share this story to your friends!

lots of love<3

Chapter 6

Zeke

11 o'clock

Zeke heard the guests screaming, demanding to know what was going on after hearing the gun fire as he carried Tatiana into the house, up the stairs, and into his bedroom in the North wing. By this point, her eyes had closed and she was practically passed out. He laid her down before picking up his phone to call for their personal team of doctors and nurses.

"Come to the house. All of you," he said abruptly before hanging up. He ran his fingers through his hair, losing his mind with worry as he stared at her face. Despite the grime, dirt, and blood on her, she was still beautiful.

Her friends, Carmen, Louis, and Nathaniel slammed the door open, evidently having followed him as he carried her.

"Where are your doctors?" Nathaniel demanded, going up to her laying on his bed, touching her.

His nostrils flared. He had the audacity to touch her after having done nothing to protect her. Of course his family's security was to blame for the hitmen even being on their property but his job was to protect her and he couldn't even do that. And now, she was laying on his bed, shot. In agonizing pain, and he couldn't do anything to help her.

"Don't touch her," Zeke growled at him in a dangerous voice, holding his arm in a tight grasp and ripping his arm away from her. He was filled with anger and worry, Nathaniel should not test his patience.

Nathaniel looked up at him and saw the expression on his face. Wisely, he removed his arm from him and stepped away from her.

Carmen approached her slowly, tears streaming down her face. Louis laid a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"She's going to be okay, right?" she asked, looking at Zeke with tear-filled eyes.

"She will be," he said in a firm voice, leaving no room for doubt. He wasn't sure if he was trying to convince her, or himself.

Before he could keep convincing himself that she was alive, his knees buckled underneath him. He groaned in pain as he stumbled, kneeling on the floor of his bedroom.

Carmen rushed towards him. "Oh my God. You're shot," she stated the obvious in disbelief, calling Louis towards them.

"Hey man, I think you should sit down," Louis said cautiously as if he was speaking to a tiger ready to bite his hand off.

When he didn't protest, Louis and Nathaniel helped him up to sit in one of the high backed chairs in his room. He had all but forgotten about his pain when he saw that Tatiana was hurt. He had put it at the back of his mind while they were still in danger outside but now that he had her safely tucked away on his bed, he succumbed to the agonizing pain of the two bullets embedded in his back.

12 o'clock

The guests were just starting to calm down. Their personal team of doctors had arrived 30 minutes earlier and he had refused their treatment, ordering them to treat Tatiana and the rest of the far more fatally injured first. The rest of their doctors were in the West wing in their personal medical room that was set up for times like these, treating the rest of the wounded soldiers.