Chapter 26

Update day! Hope you all enjoy this one <3

Chapter 26

Tatiana

As she pulled her dagger out of the man's chest, she looked around to find her next kill. When she turned around, however, a giant bear of a man with bulging muscles and a harsh face loomed directly in front of her.

Before she knew it, his big hand came down, landing a slap so hard to her face that she was forced down.

She cupped her cheek, tears blooming in her eyes as she looked up. Before she could think twice, she got up and ran as fast as she could away from him but he was bigger, stronger, and swifter than she was.

He tackled her to the ground, ramming into her side. As if his crushing weight wasn't enough, he delivered a severe blow to her rib cage.

Her lungs burned in pain but the memories that rushed back into her mind burned even brighter.

Kick.

The man kicked into her ribs so hard that the tears she had been working so hard to hold in fell.

She'd lost count on how many kicks he had delivered. She couldn't tell anymore, she was going numb from the pain.

"Oi, don't you think that's getting a bit too much?" The man's companion asked from his relaxed position on a nearby chair.

The man looming above her only spit in response. "This bitch is a descendant of the Volkovs" He said, giving her another kick to the side before turning away and sitting down next to his companion. "This is a small price to pay for all those years of my father's suffering that was caused by their family.

His companion cleared his throat. "Still I hardly believe this fifteen year old had anything to do with that."

The man shot his companion a murderous look, making him raise his hands in playful surrender. "Just saying, I doubt she'd fetch that good a price if she arrives black and blue to the auction."

"We'll see." The man said just as she finally gave in to the darkness that wanted to overwhelm her.

She snapped back to reality when she the man who was carrying her on his shoulder fell, her limp body falling after.

Her whole body was sore, pain burning in her sides but despite the pain, she thought of Zeke. Where was he? Did he get hurt? Was he okay?

Questions ran through her mind before they ceased when she felt his strong arms come up around her, his scent surrounding her as he cocooned her in his embrace.

She opened her eyes minutely and smiled slightly, happy that he was there. "What took you so long?" She asked him teasingly.

"I'm so sorry mon amour." He murmured to her, brushing a strand of hair from her face. She closed her eyes, relishing in his touch as she listened to him speak.

She raised a tired hand to his face. "I'm sorry you were hurt." Her voice trembled. "It was because you were covering for me..."

He said something in reply but she was too far gone to hear, her mind flitting in and out of consciousness.

She only felt as Zeke stood with her in his arms and ran.

The next thing she knew, she was placed on soft leather seats as she felt the familiar thrum of a car driving under her.

She opened her eyes slightly. "Zeke..?" She asked, searching for him.

She felt his lips on her hair. "I'm here, love." Her heart thumped at his endearment. "It's alright, you're safe." He said as he gathered her in his arms.