Chapter 14

It's update day! New POV in this chapter, it's going to get interesting ;)

Vote goal for this week is 830 votes so don't forget to vote so that you'll get a new chapter early!

Lots of love <3

Chapter 14

Tatiana

Somehow, Ivanov was first on the scene, descending on them like a mother hen. She was curious about how he knew about the explosion after only a few minutes but she was too emotional to wonder, staring as the paramedics arrived and carried Jared into the back of an ambulance. Perhaps he heard the commotion all the way from Indigos.

"Hey!" Ivanov called to them as he made his way over. "You guys okay?" he asked, looking distraught and angry at the same time, if that was possible.

She and Zeke were currently seated side by side on a gurney that was set up for them. She hadn't noticed before but a sharp piece of glass had gotten stuck on Zeke's arm from the explosion. The glass was gone now, his arm stitched and bandaged but her ankle was a little more difficult to deal with. Zeke had been let go, saying that his wound wasn't serious and because he knew the supervisor of the men who tended to them. She, on the other hand, had to go to the hospital to get her ankle checked out. Her ankle was sprained, they knew that much but they were worried that it was broken so they had to take her to the hospital in a few minutes, call her family, and cause an unnecessary uproar with her mother.

"Yeah, just a few scrapes," Zeke said, shaking out his hair that had dampened from the weather. She stared at him for a moment, enamored by the way he looked, his nose and cheeks red from the cold, hair in disarray and a few scrapes and bruises on him.

"What about you, Tatiana? You okay?" Ivanov asked, snapping her back down to earth.

She didn't know why these suddenly lustful thoughts emerged but she snapped out of it, beating down her emotions before responding. "I'm fine," she said quietly. Zeke looked at her in concern but she looked away, afraid that if she stared at him too long, her indecent thoughts might surface again.

"Jared Flynn will live. As long as we get him treatment immediately, he'll be fine," One of the young paramedics named Graham, said upon approaching them. "Luckily, it seemed like he blocked his head and most of his torso from the blast, so his arms took the brunt of the explosion. His arms will be pretty beaten up, but he'll be alright."

Tatiana breathed a sigh of relief. "That's a relief to hear. Thank you, Graham." She gave him a wide smile in gratitude. He remained standing there for a few moments, staring at her before Zeke cleared his throat loudly.

"You may leave now, Graham," Zeke stated so coldly, glancing at him before looking pointedly towards where the remaining ambulances were ready to leave.

"R-right," Graham stuttered. "But—uh, you should come with us, Ms. Belluchi. We can get you to the hospital way faster with an ambulance."

She was about to respond, saying that she didn't want to ride in the back of an ambulance when Zeke beat her to it.

"That won't be necessary," he said firmly. "I'll take her there using my car so that she is more comfortable, we'll follow behind you."

Graham pursed his lips. "Alright then," he said as he walked dejectedly away.

"Calm yourself, brother," Ivanov said, placing a hand on Zeke's shoulder. "No need to get all beasty and bite his head off for offering a pretty lady a ride." Zeke gave him a dirty look, telling him to go to hell but Ivanov only laughed, patting him on the back.