Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Tatiana

Zeke led her through the bustling streets of Saint-Tropez. It was beautiful there, it truly was. The sky was clear, allowing the sun to shine brightly down. The sea was a brilliant blue and the coast was full of different kinds of pedestrians and tourists from all around the world.

After Zeke left the bedroom, she returned to the walk-in closet and picked out a simple, pale blue button-down sundress that draped gracefully around her frame.

Zeke, with an arm wrapped around her waist, took her to a small and quaint vibrant little village with cream brick walls and beautiful archways.

"We're close." Zeke remarked. They were now walking down a small alleyway. It was quieter here compared to the noise of the crowd they had gone through, with little to no people milling around the surrounding area.

As they walked, it was apparent that they were walking into a lesser known part of the village. The walls were no longer a vibrant cream but a more dull beige, unkempt plants and shrubbery mounted on each side.

"Does the doctor we're meeting have a legal license to practice medicine?" Tatiana asked him worriedly as they slowly trudged down the alleyway.

"He used to." Zeke bit his lip, glancing down at her. "He got into trouble with the chairman of the hospital he used to practice with and got his license taken away. However, he's a skilled doctor and a trusted friend of Vincent's for years so you have nothing to worry about." He assured her.

Tatiana only nodded and they continued on. Zeke slowed them to a stop in front of a tall burgundy door that looked surprisingly sturdy and had a well-kept surrounding when compared to the rest of the area.

Zeke stepped forward and knocked. Moments of silence followed before they finally heard footsteps from the other side of the door. They heard the click of locks being freed before the door swung open to reveal the beautiful yet impassive face of a young girl probably in her late teens or early twenties, with flowing brunette hair and striking hazel eyes.

"May I help you?" The girl asked with a blank expression.

"I'm Zeke Vasiliev." Zeke said and the girl's face lit up with recognition before they dulled back into impassiveness. "We're here to see Dr. Caron."

The girl nodded, opening the door wider and gestured them inside. "Come in." She said in a clipped tone.

They walked into a small but quaint little living space. It was obvious from the furniture and little decorative ornaments that whoever lived here had money to spare. From one of the archways that led away from the room came a man in his late 40s with greying hair and was dressed smartly in a button down and slacks.

"Dr. Caron." Zeke said in greeting.

"Mr. Vasiliev." The man came forward, lifting his hand in a handshake to him while introducing himself to Tatiana. "I'm Dr. Caron, but you can call me Geoffrey." He smiled at her kindly before turning back to Zeke. "Your uncle already called ahead, we've been expecting you."

Zeke nodded, shaking his hand. "This is Tatiana, my... fiancé." He gestured to her nervously, giving her a glance. Tatiana bit her lip. They haven't exactly discussed their relationship ever since they found out the true arrangement of marriage.

A beat of silence followed by a moment of hesitation on everyone's face before Tatiana gave Dr. Caron a wide smile and shook his hand as well.

"Yes, I'm Zeke's fiancé." She said, grasping his hand firmly.

"Congratulations." Geoffrey congratulated them with a small smile before gesturing to their side where the girl from earlier stood. "This is my daughter Eloise." He said. "She is my assistant, if you will. She is a great help to me and a very good nurse as well." He proudly stated, making Eloise turn a slight shade of red in embarrassment.