Chapter 7

Russian Bastard is at 101 votes! Thank you all so much and as promised, here is chapter 7, enjoy!

lots of love<3

Chapter 7

Tatiana

Pain. It was agonizing as she stirred awake. Her side felt like it was on fire.

She slowly opened her eyes to find herself on a soft, silky bed with grey bedding and white pillows that felt like she was on a cloud. The room was very light, with white walls and grey complimentary furniture, an en suite bathroom, and a mini living room area by the huge floor-to-ceiling window that faced the back of the house.

The memories suddenly came rushing back. She couldn't believe what happened out there last night. The biggest shock of it all was the fact that she was shot. She also noticed that she was no longer wearing her gold dress. Instead, she was wearing a big oversized pale blue shirt. As she continued to mull over last night's events, she heard someone speak.

"Maman, I'm really okay," a male voice said in hushed tones. She looked up to find Zeke as he was pacing around the room, running his hand over his hair, shirtless, while his torso was full of white bandages. "Really, I'm fine. You don't have to send Uncle Vincent here, it's all under control."

She was trying to sit up when a pang of pain suddenly hit her side, making her gasp. Zeke heard her and whipped his head around to face her, an unreadable expression on his face.

"I'll call you later maman," he said before hanging up the phone, setting it down before approaching her slowly. "How are you feeling?" he asked with pursed lips.

"Like hell," she croaked in a hoarse voice before clearing her throat. As she continued to try and sit up, he moved his arm behind her shoulders.

"Let me help," he murmured as he lifted her, placing a few pillows behind her head before laying her back down. "You shouldn't be moving too much or you'll reopen your wound," he reprimanded her softly in his smooth, velvet voice.

"Are you in pain?" he asked in a toneless voice, sitting on the bed next to where she was lying down.

She was about to reply when she started coughing from her dry throat.

"Here, drink this." He hurriedly handed her a glass of water from his bedside table. After nearly drinking the whole glass, she leaned back, sighing in relief. "Thank you." She sighed in relief.

When he took the glass back and placed it back on the bedside table, she took the opportunity to really look around the room.

"Where am I?" she asked.

"In my bedroom on the estate," he replied. When he spoke, she turned her gaze back to him, roaming her eyes over his haggard appearance. His face was pale and drawn in, nothing like how he was during the party, so... tired compared to how alive he previously was. As she looked past his beautiful face, down to his lean chest, she couldn't help herself when she reached out and touched him, running her fingers over the white gauze that wrapped around his torso. She felt him staring at her.

"You were shot, weren't you?" she asked sadly, feeling guilty. He didn't reply and just kept staring at her, a look on his face as if he couldn't figure her out.

"Yes," he finally said, evidently giving up on whatever he was trying to see.

She somehow already knew that he was shot but the confirmation he had given had brought on a different kind of pain, one that brought tears to the corners of her eyes.

"Can I see?" She looked up at his eyes.

He looked at her eyes, not saying a word before turning his back towards her.