Chapter 25

A very action packed chapter ahead! Fasten your seat belts everyone (meanwhile I'm going to go put on my shades and lounge by the pool enjoying the drama my friends have gotten themselves into)

Lots of love <3

Chapter 25

Zeke

"He'll be okay, mon ange." Zeke murmured to Tatiana softly, trying to comfort her as tears fell from her eyes. "Have faith."

He still had her wrapped in his arms as they walked out. She breathed slowly, reigning her emotions in and calming down before she nodded her head at him, a look of determination in her eyes. She removed herself from his embrace, looking away before wiping a hand across her cheeks, catching her fallen tears.

When she looked back at him, her face wiped of all desolate emotions, leaving a sense of resolve.

No matter the situation, she always seemed to pull herself together and for that, he loved her even more.

He pulled her close, dropping the softest of kisses on her forehead to convey his feelings. Love, and adoration. He could only hope that she could feel what he felt for her, dream that his feelings could ever be reciprocated by this beautiful, gentle woman who deep down, was determined to not be beaten down.

He pulled away and they nodded at each other, ready to face what waited for them outside.

Out on the grounds, the situation was just as bad as it was inside, if not worse. The guests who were able to escape from the main party were running to get away, harassing the valets and their respective drivers to get their vehicles to take them far away. However, there were more men outside who were gunning the people down and to the side, he saw a small troop of enemy men carrying a grenade launcher and mortar.

He slipped behind one of the columns, Tatiana still next to him.

"We have to take care of that mortar otherwise the others will never make it outside." Tatiana gasped, breathing hard.

The mortar was a problem. It was aimed directly at the front doors and even if it couldn't fire every second, they'll never know who might fall victim from it. They were lucky that they slipped passed it during reload.

He nodded in agreement. "I'll go take care of them. You stay here and--"

"Absolutely not." She cut him off. "Between you and I, I have a better chance at killing them off and coming back. If they see you, they can launch at you from a distance. You can cover me while I slit their throats." She said, breathing hard.

He gritted his teeth, angry. He knew it was the better plan. They only had a knife and a gun with few bullets left. He had good aim and was the better marksman; they needed to make the last four bullets count. Between the two, she had a higher chance of coming back if he stayed back to cover for her but the thought that she would go made rage and worry bubble to the surface.

She held a hand to his cheek. "You know we don't have a choice."

He wasn't happy about it but he nodded, reigning in his emotions to look at this logically.

She gave him a soft smile, pressing her lips briefly to his cheek before blending into the shadows and sneaking her way over to where the small group of men were situated with the mortar.

When she was close, he moved as well, coming to a stop when he had a better view of the area.

He nodded at her and took aim.

She leaped forward, coming up behind the man closest to her and slashing his throat before she leaped onto the next, piercing his heart.

One, he thought as he shot down a man who was about to tackle her.