Chapter 24

Update day! Read the author's note at the end for a surprise ;) Happy reading!

Chapter 24

Tatiana

They all jumped up at once, alert.

"An attack?" Her mother asked, stunned. "Here, of all places while Lorenzo Castellano is in attendance?"

Verratti nodded, walking quickly towards his desk and grabbing two silver handguns. "Possibly. My men are ready for this but we don't know at what magnitude the attack is scaling. We need to move." He said, tucking one handgun into his suit jacket and checking the mag of the other that he held in his hand.

"Are you all equipped?" Verratti asked, looking at each of them. Everyone except her mother pulled out a handgun of varying models in response.

Tatiana moved the slit of her dress aside and pulled her small gun and knife from the strap around her thigh. "Here, mama." She said, handing her mother the gun.

She was better with a knife anyway, she thought as she held up her silver gleaming dagger. It was her favorite weapon.

"Ladies, stay back. Wouldn't want my favorite girls getting hurt." Verratti said lightheartedly to them, spearheading their small group as they left the office doors.

She scoffed at that but stayed back next to her mother, Zeke right in front of them.

The party was in pandemonium. Some of the noncriminal associated guests were screaming, hiding behind tables or rushing out of the door. Their other guests who were used to situations like this, however, held fast and were gunning down some of the men shooting.

When they arrived, a man who she recognized earlier as Leonid, approached along with a man she only caught a glimpse of earlier.

"Don Verratti, they suddenly came out from the main doorway and we have already suffered some casualties." Leonid said, gesturing behind him where a few soldiers lay either injured or dead.

Verratti only nodded. "Find Angelica and get her out of here." He turned to the other man. "Raymond, find Vasiliev's family and see to it that they're all right." He ordered to the two men. They bowed in acknowledgement before scattering away.

Beside them, Pavel nodded his thanks to him before all hell broke loose as Verratti, the Vasilievs, and her mother began shooting at the people shooting back.

Anyone with their gun pointed at you, you shoot down were her mother's words to her ever since she was a small child.

Zeke grabbed her arm, pushing her behind him as he continued shooting down men with their guns pointed at them, making sure that he would block all bullets that might be aimed to her. Some of the men who were shooting at them looked familiar. She saw them in the shadows of the main party, always talking among themselves and staying in the dark.

Next to the hallway where they emerged, were two double doors that led to some other part of the mansion. A man holding a gun stepped out and she quickly ran to him, hoisting herself up to reach his tall height from behind him and slashing his throat.

Blood ran down his suit and onto the floor as the life drained out of him. Tatiana pushed him away before his weight overwhelmed her and wiped a bit of the blood that had sprayed onto her arms.

She looked up and found Zeke looking at her with approval, pride shining in his eyes. However, a few moments later, the expression died and he pointed the gun to her.

Her heart pounded in her chest as a shot rang through the room. She heard a body thud down to the floor and turned around to confirm that there was a dead body behind her, a gun held in his hand.