The Moonlight...

-(1 Day Later)

( (Y/N)'s POV )

I sighed with relief as I finished wiping the table, it's been a whole day sense I joined Avalanche. Tifa decided that I should work at Seventh Heaven for the time being and live at the same apartment building as her and Cloud do. Which I didn't mind at all really..

I placed the rag in my hand down as Cloud came in, "Good morning." I said making him a glass of water. He sat on the chair in front of me and looked up at me, "Good morning..how you getting used to staying here?" he asked drinking the water. 

"I'm doing good actually, thank you for helping me with my apartment yesterday." Cloud nodded, "No problem."  he replied. Then the front door opened with a bang as Barret, Aerith, Tifa, Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge walked in. "Good morning everyone." I said with a smile. Everyone smiled back except Barret, "We got a new mission coming up and we all agreed that the two off you will stay here." Barret said.

I knew I was going to stay..but why Cloud? "Huh? Why do I have to stay here?" he asked Barret. Barret grinned and looked at Tifa, "Well you did tell (Y/N) that you would protect her..so just keep her company, and also we just thought that maybe you should take a break for all that you've done. Also I need someone to watch Seventh Heaven for me." Tifa said with a reassuring smile. "Also keep an eye on Marlene for me." Barret said scratching his head.

Cloud sighed, "Fine..." Jessie laughed and gave me and Cloud a thumbs up, "We'll be fine!" she said with a wink.

"Yeah don't worry about us bro." Wedge said. Cloud nodded and smiled. 

"Welp then we're off, see you guys soon." Aerith said and waved to me and Cloud as the group walked out of the bar. I looked at Cloud and he looked at me, there was a long awkward silence that lingered in the air.

"Well..ummm..can you watch the place real quick. I gotta wake Marlene up." Cloud nodded and I walked up the stairs and opened the door to Marlene's room and to my surprise she was already up. "Hello (Y/N)!" Marlene said happily as she ran over and hugged me. Yesterday I was able to get Marlene to like me (or else Barret would gave me an earful about it) so she felt comfortable around me.

"Come on let's go make you something to eat." I said and walked her down the stairs, Cloud was still sitting there with an empty glass in front of him.

Marlene walked to the chair next to Cloud's and looked up at him with a smile, "Hello mister Cloud." she said. Cloud looked down at her and patted her on the head, "Heya Marlene." he said with a smile. I placed a bowl of cereal in front of Marlene and she began to chow down on it. I turned to Cloud and clapped my hands, "Well Cloud I insist that you grab an apron or something." I said looking around for an apron.

"Huh? Why do I need an apron?" he asked. I glared at him, "Because you're gonna help me with the customers." Cloud sighed and shook his head, "No...I'll just watch you do that." I groaned and slapped him on the shoulder, "Please! It's the least you can do instead of just sitting there like a bum." I said with a scowl. 

Cloud groaned and stood up, "Fine...get me an apron." I smiled and looked around and found an apron Cloud could use. "Here use this apron." I said and handed it to him. He opened it up and wrapped it around his waist, when he turned around I couldn't help but giggle at the design. Marlene noticed it too and tried to hold back her laughter. 

"What?" Cloud asked confused. 

I looked down at the design on his apron, it had a huge pink heart over it that said in bright pink letters, "I'm The Best Cuddly Bear" on it. Cloud looked down at his apron and groaned. He glared at me, "Did you know it would have this?" he asked getting irritated. I shook my head and smiled, "No I didn't, Mr.Cuddly Bear." Cloud groaned and Marlene tried her best to control her giggles.