-five-

It was probably during the middle of the night when Taehyung's peaceful slumber came to a sudden halt due to a body landing on his bed, right beside him. He was still pretty much dazed so he didn't think about it too much but he had to admit that it scared him to a considerable extent.

The person beside him shifted a bit closer to him, enhancing his alarmed state. He opened his eyes and saw nothing but complete darkness, making it so much harder to distinguish the one sitting on his bed.

He did hear the faint call of his name but he was so tired that he couldn't recognize the owner of the soft voice.

"...Taehyung! Wake up, you lazy ass piece of shit!" The person whisper-yelled and shook his broad shoulders to the point where he got dizzy.

He clutched his spinning head and looked at the person under the faint moonlight, finally coming to terms with the situation. It was Jimin, looking rather shaken up for some reason.

"What's wrong-"

Jimin placed his tiny hands over Taehyung's mouth, shutting him up as his expression only got more fearful. Taehyung removed his hands and arched an eyebrow, frustrated and curious at the same time. What could possibly have happened for Jimin to be this agitated?

"Keep your voice down!" Jimin's shaky whisper caused Taehyung to place a hand over his shoulder in a soothing manner before he spoke up as quietly as he could.

"What's going on?"

Jimin inched closer and his trembling hands grasped Taehyung's large ones, visibly scared by something or someone. He took a deep breath.

"I think someone broke into our apartment."

Taehyung frowned and instantly stood up, heading towards the door only to be stopped by Jimin who held him back.

"Where the fuck are you going, Tae? Someone dangerous might be out there. You can't just leave me here-"

Taehyung sighed heavily. "If someone really broke into our apartment, I'm not going to sit back and do nothing. You either follow me or stay here and cry. Your choice." His deep voice seemed determined.

Jimin whined and after a few moments of contemplating, his tiny hands gripped Taehyung's shirt with great force and Taehyung opened the door and walked downstairs through the darkness with a shaking Jimin.

He inspected the living room, the kitchen, the bathroom, Jimin's room, but no one was in sight. He turned to face the shorter male with a look of displeasure on his face.

"There's no one in our apartment, Jimin. Are you sure you weren't imagining things?" He questioned in a tired tone, feeling even more frustrated that he woke up in the middle of the night for nothing.

Jimin just fiddled with his fingers and faced the ground, a bit embarrassed that he made such a scene.

"U-Uhm, I think it was Yeontan who made those noises." Jimin started chuckling, feeling silly.

Yeontan just waddled towards them, confirming their suspicions. Poor thing was probably just hungry.

"You can go back to sleep. I'll just feed Yeontan." Taehyung grumbled and made his way towards the cabinet with Yeontan's food and fed the bundle of fur.

Jimin went back upstairs and Taehyung let out a sigh as he leaned against the counter. This was so stupid. He could have been sleeping. Instead, he was fully awake and pissed off.

He watched the little dog until he was done eating, feeling like he might fall asleep right then and there.

"Ok, goodnight Yeontan.." he mumbled and petted the small bundle of fur before he walked back to his room.

The darkness of his room welcomed him yet again and his body fell on top of the mattress, sighing as the warmth enveloped his body. It didn't take long before his long arm made contact with a face, nearly making his eyes pop out of their sockets.

"Jimin." He groaned and he instantly felt the older inching closer, pulling him into a hug.

Jimin chuckled and nuzzled his head into Taehyung's chest. It didn't occur often, mostly during the times Jimin happened to have nightmares but Taehyung didn't mind. If anything, it helped him sleep better.

"Do you mind if I sleep here?"

"It'd be too late to protest.." Taehyung sighed and closed his eyes, allowing Jimin to cuddle him.

"You're the best, Tae."

"Go to sleep now."

It didn't take long before the two of them fell asleep once again, feeling more relaxed in each other's arms.

A/N we love a filler chapter