-twenty one-

Taehyung stood there, frozen in place for what seemed like a bit too long. He couldn't wrap his head around the piece of information he had just received. No matter how much effort he put into it.

Why would Namjoon look for him all of a sudden? Especially after he had been told that things were back to normal. He then remembered what Yoongi told him.

"The fact that I refused might result in you getting hurt."

The simple thought was enough to send chills down his spine. And for good reason. Namjoon was never to be trusted. Yoongi said so many times, and Taehyung understood it perfectly. He was rather odd and seemed to have trouble managing his anger.

"Taehyung? Are you alright? You don't look so good. You can take the rest of the day off if you want-"

Taehyung dismissed Seokjin's offer with a brief hand gesture, trying his best to remain calm and not overthink the situation too much. Maybe it was nothing serious and he had no reason to panic.

Maybe Namjoon wanted to apologize for the trouble he had caused.

He even thought of calling Yoongi and letting him know about it but he didn't want to worry him when things weren't clear enough so he simply released the phone back into his pocket.

Maybe he was overreacting.

"I'm fine. I'll get to work now." Was all he said before he started serving the few clients.

Seokjin nodded, a bit taken aback by how fast Taehyung's attitude changed at the mention of Namjoon. He didn't know the guy but from what he had witnessed, he wasn't exactly Taehyung's favorite.

He chose to push the thoughts away and start working as well since more and more clients came in, waiting for their orders.

It was going to be a rough day for both of them.

-------

"Take care on your way home, Taehyung. I still have some things to do." Seokjin announced from the counter.

Taehyung didn't try to hide his disappointment. First Yoongi and now Seokjin. Neither of them could keep him company on the way home.

Yoongi was busy as well. Had to help Hoseok with a few things. The call saddened Taehyung but Yoongi reassured him, saying that he'd make it up to him as soon as possible.

"Alright. I'll go now. Take care as well, hyung." He said, draping the warm coat over his shoulders.

Seokjin looked up, smiling sweetly at the younger boy who was already at the front door, prepared to exit the café.

"I will. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Taehyung was then greeted by the chilly air hitting his flushed face. He exhaled a warm breath and started walking leisurely, trying to enjoy the peaceful night. The streets were relatively deserted, no sign of other human presence around Taehyung.

A few cars passed by once in a while, breaking the uncomfortable silence that nagged Taehyung with each step he took. He felt oddly unsettled. Like he was being watched, but that'd be too much of a horror movie scenario.

He'd look behind him every now and then just to make sure that no one followed him. There was no one on his trail and he felt more than relieved, though he had chosen to stay alert just in case.

The sound of his shoes against the pavement was the only thing Taehyung could hear. Apart from that, there was really no one in sight. No cars, no people, not even the cute cat that usually greeted him near the bus station. It was unusual, to say the least.

It wasn't that late anyway. Barely ten o'clock.

Just then, his phone vibrated in his pocket, causing him to curse under his breath. He didn't realize how lost in thought he was.

He checked his phone and let out a small sigh upon seeing Jimin's name pop up on the screen.

"Yes."

"Hey, what's up? Are you on your way home yet? Dinner is ready."

Taehyung's stomach definitely had to show its excitement.

"Great. I'll be home in a few minutes."

Jimin giggled, happy to hear the good news. He was on cooking duty and apparently, he ended up preparing his best meal yet. He was excited for Taehyung to try it out and share his thoughts about it.

"Just to let you know, the food is to die for. Prepare yourself."

Taehyung laughed. That just made him more impatient.

It then got quiet. Taehyung's steps came to a halt. The sound of someone's steps made him gulp. He didn't have a good feeling about it.

He didn't dare to look behind him. That'd be stupid. Instead, he started walking again, clutching the phone as tightly as possible while Jimin's sweet voice played in the background.

An uneasy feeling took over, and he could have sworn. Someone was now closer than before, just a few steps behind.

Just a bit more

My apartment is close

All I need to do is walk faster

That didn't happen.

Taehyung's phone made contact with the cold ground, Jimin's voice becoming faint as Taehyung struggled to break free from the strong grip. An arm wrapped itself around his neck, preventing him from breathing as a cloth covered his face, making him feel nauseous.

He tried to use the little strength he had left but to no avail. The man was much stronger than him and he could feel his consciousness slipping through his fingers.

It had gotten harder to breathe. His vision blurred and his body became limp as the man's grip tightened around his neck. The cloth dropped to the ground and at last, Taehyung stopped moving.

His phone got thrown out of the way in the process as a worried Jimin yelled from the other end. His cries were pointless.

It had gotten quiet again.

"Taehyung! Are you there? Answer me!"

A/N short chapter, I know
also, I'm sorry
I think some of you were expecting this to happen