-six-

Taehyung sighed heavily, observing the people outside the café, chin resting on his hand. He had been sitting like that for quite a long time, thinking about nothing in particular.

Seokjin emerged from the storage room with a little smile that faltered at the sight of such a gloomy looking Taehyung. His parent-like instincts kicked in and he headed towards the counter, waving a large hand in front of the younger's dazed face, somehow managing to bring him to reality.

"Are you alright?" His soft voice brought Taehyung a small sense of comfort that he didn't know he needed.

He just realized how lost in his thoughts he was and he didn't want Seokjin to think something was wrong.

"I'm fine, just thinking."

By the looks Seokjin was giving him, he just knew he wasn't convinced. "About what? That guy?"

Taehyung's heart unknowingly skipped a beat at the simple mention of the guy called Min Yoongi. He could hear the fast and irregular pace of his heartbeat and he bit the inside of his cheek, hoping that Seokjin didn't notice his weird behavior.

"Of course not. I told you, I don't even know him that well. Why would I think about him?" He scoffed, ignoring Seokjin's amused expression.

"You don't necessarily have to know him on a personal level in order to become emotionally attached to him."

Taehyung hated it when Seokjin brought in arguments like these. He usually had to give up, meaning that Seokjin was right and he could no longer argue about it.

"I'm not attached to him, hyung." He tried to seem convincing one last time even though he wasn't sure what to believe either.

"Sure, Tae."

Seokjin flashed him a knowing smile and went back to whatever he had to do, leaving a very conflicted Taehyung alone at the counter.

The boy sighed and eventually relaxed, until his phone started ringing and made him lose his cool yet again. He pulled the device out of his back pocket, cocking a brow.

"What's up, Jimin?"

He could hear the older taking in a sharp breath. "Listen, Hoseok called me a while ago and invited me to the festival that's about to take place tonight."

Taehyung sighed. "And?"

"And I want you to come as well."

The younger stiffled a laugh by placing his hand over his mouth. "Are you serious, Jimin? You're about to go on a date and you're asking me to third wheel?"

Jimin whined from the other end, amusing Taehyung even more.

"Come on, Tae. Maybe you'll even meet up with Yoongi. Think about how awesome that'll be. We'll have fun."

Taehyung bit the inside of his cheek and pondered for a while, trying to see the good side of the situation. As Jimin had mentioned, he could meet up with Yoongi and avoid being a third wheel but at the same time, there was a high possibility that Yoongi wasn't going to be at the so called festival which meant that he'd spend time by himself while Hoseok and Jimin enjoyed themselves.

"Please? You'd help me so much. Having you around would make me feel better."

Taehyung ran a hand through his disheveled hair and groaned. "Fine. I'll come."

Jimin cheered from the other end, causing Taehyung's lips to stretch into a tiny smile. He wasn't really excited to join him but if it helped him, Taehyung couldn't let him down.