-seven-

"You seem to have a lot on your mind."

Yoongi let out short puffs of smoke through his parted lips without sparing Hoseok a glance. He could already imagine the smug expression on his face. It was enough to rile him up.

"I don't." A lie.

That was a complete lie and Hoseok knew that. Yoongi had been doing such a poor job at hiding the way he felt lately. To Hoseok, it almost seemed like the walls Yoongi had struggled to build over the years were slowly crumbling, piece by piece.

Hoseok was both happy and worried.

"Come on, Yoongi. You can tell me." The youngest of the two tried to sound as reassuring as he could, his voice lowering to a soft whisper that didn't seem to do much.

It only faded into the night.

Yoongi took another drag from the cigarette he had been twirling around his long, bony fingers, exhaling another grey cloud of toxicity into the chilly air. He could understand why Hoseok seemed to be so curious. Usually, he wouldn't let his guard down and allow a simple boy to flood his mind. All sorts of thoughts swirled around his head, from the boy's pretty smile to the way he would get all fidgety and adorable.

Hoseok wouldn't get it. At least he thought he wouldn't.

"Did you ever fall in love?"

The blunt question seemed to have surprised Hoseok who gaped at him for a while before he struggled to swallow the lump forming in his throat. This was it. The moment he had been waiting for. He couldn't allow to mess it up.

It was the first time Yoongi asked him something like this.

"Uhm..I did fall in love, just recently." He spoke in a soft manner, earning an amused side glance from the older.

Yoongi definitely noticed the crimson tint covering Hoseok's cheeks, validating his statement.

"With Jimin, huh."

Hoseok lowered his head and nodded, too embarrassed to look up at Yoongi who seemed to be ready for a teasing marathon.

"Y-Yeah. With Jimin. I'm actually planning on asking him out again and if things go right, I'll tell him how I feel."

Yoongi released the cigarette, letting it fall on the cold pavement as a small grin danced on his lips.

"Sounds good."

Hoseok hummed, appreciating the brief moment of silence before deciding to ask whatever was bugging him.

"Why did you..ask me that?" He seemed hesitant, afraid of Yoongi's reaction.

He had nothing to be afraid though. Yoongi spared him a soft look and allowed a short sigh to slip past his lips before the dark aura in his eyes dissipated, something warm slipping in instead. Hoseok's breath hitched.

"I keep thinking about Taehyung. It's confusing me. This never happened before and I don't know what to do." His voice echoed. It caused Hoseok to smile wider than ever and lean beside the older, against the cold brick wall as Yoongi lit up another cigarette.

The brief flash of orange light illuminated his pale face, expression definitely a mix of confusion and frustration.

"You like him, hyung. That much is visible. You wouldn't have tried to be by his side if you didn't."

Yoongi was beyond angry. Nothing made sense anymore. Running a hand through his disheveled hair, he let out a long puff of smoke and stared at the ground whilst Hoseok placed a reassuring hand over his shoulder.