17

Lena

The jet door opened, making me breathe in the much needed fresh air.

"Relieving," I said, watching the steps descend onto the concrete beneath us.

I walked down the few stairs, my eyebrows knitted together. "I'm confused."

"I purchased this a year ago," Josiah said, straightening out his button up.

I looked over my shoulder, lifting an eyebrow.

He chuckled, resting a hand in the small of my back. "Follow me."

"Where's the vehicle?" I asked, "oh, and we can't forget-"

"The luggage, yes, it's being gotten," he said, "can you relax for me?"

I sighed, allowing him to lead me wherever he was leading me.

"What a pretty yacht," I said, "we should get one of those."

"Yeah, she's yours."

I giggled, shaking my head.

He looked down at me, lifting an eyebrow. "I'm serious."

My smile faded as I realized he wasn't kidding. He would've broken by now.

"You're joking?"

He shook his head. "Nope."

"That's our yacht?" I asked, letting out a laugh.

He smiled, making me squeal and run to the dock.

"But you're kidding, right?" I yelled, brushing my hair away from my face. The wind was blowing, and the air smelled fresh, unlike Chicago's polluted nature.

"No, this is where you'll be for the next week. Exploring Italy," he said.

"We're in Italy?" I yelled, my mouth agape.

He chuckled. "Why do you think the flight took so goddamn long?"

I covered my mouth with my hands. "Oh, my God!"

He chuckled, grabbing our bags from the pilot of the jet. "Thank you. Your tip was included."

He nodded. "Enjoy the honeymoon!"

I grinned, biting down on my bottom lip.

He placed our bags on the dock, pulling me close. "Now I want you to know, before we get on here, we're not alone."

"Who's with us?" I asked.

"The skipper," he said, "but he's all the way up top. He won't see me fucking you in every place possible."

I looked up at him, pulling him close to me. "I wouldn't care if he did."

He pulled away from me, bunching up the fabric of my dress. He let out what sounded like a hushed growl and pulled away from me quickly.

He skillfully held the three sizable bags in his hands, leading me onto the yacht.

"I still can't believe this is ours," I said, gawking at the exterior.

"The inside's even more magnificent," he said, dropping our bags as soon as it was safe to do so.

I smiled up at him, watching as he rolled up his sleeves.

"I'll give you a quick tour."

"How long have you had this?" I asked, my jaw dropping when the interior was revealed.

"It's a recent purchase, that's all I'll say."

"Josiah, this shouldn't be attainable," I said, shaking my head.