37

Fred

I'd been having to nothing short of run from Alexis for the past week.

And while I wasn't particularly complaining, it was definitely interesting. Maybe Alexis hadn't gotten far enough along, or something, last time, but it wasn't nearly as eventful as this time.

I rested my hand on my hip, checking my watch. I'd run four miles this morning, and I'd also beaten my record time.

I stood in front of my door, contemplating walking inside. Would I be bombarded? Would I be greeted normally? Hell no, you haven't been greeted normally since she's been pregnant.

I cautiously opened the door, peeking around the foyer. Obviously she wasn't going to be just relaxing in the foyer.

I quietly closed the door behind me, tip toeing through the empty space.

I let out a breath when I made it to the kitchen, but stopped in my tracks when I saw her standing at the stove.

I tried to turn around, but she caught me.

"Hey," she greeted, smiling as she wiped off her hands on her legs.

"Hi," I greeted, my wide eyes meeting hers.

"How are you?" She asked, "did you have a nice run?"

"Mm hmm," I answered, nodding.

"Good, I'm glad," she said, smiling over at me.

Don't let her smile get you, it always does.

She leaned against the counter, tilting her head over. "Can I have a good morning kiss?"

"I really have to shower," I said.

"Okay, you can kiss me before you do that."

"Hands off, then," I adamantly stated, nodding.

She giggled. "I promise."

I walked over to her and grabbed her jaw, pressing a kiss to her lips. I pulled away but she shook her head, her eyes still closed.

"Not anywhere near a proper good morning kiss."

I looked down at her. "I'm serious, keep your hands at your sides."

She stood on her tip-toes, grinning. "Do it for me."

"See, no," I said, pushing myself away from her as I shook my head.

She laughed, placing her hand on her belly. "What?"

"I'm scared."

"You're scared of what?" she giggled out, leaning her head back.

"This!" I yelled, waving my hands, "I can't get a break from you!"

"Now you know how I felt in college!"

"Does not equate, not comparable," I said, "not even my sex drive is built for this."

"Well, I will try to curb my hormones," she said, walking over to the stove, "but I mean, you're my baby daddy. You kind of agreed to fulfill all these needs for me when you impregnated me."

"Is that how it worked?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck.

"It absolutely is," she said, leaning over the stove to grab some pepper. She sprinkled it on her eggs and looked over at me.

"Do you want breakfast?"

"What exactly do you mean by breakfast?" I cautiously asked.

"I mean whatever you can find," she said, grabbing her cup of coffee from the counter.