23

Jo

"I love you," Lena whispered, pressing a sweet kiss to my cheek. She smiled and pulled away, rubbing my arm.

"You could just stay," I muttered, leaning against the wall.

She tilted her head over, grinning. "Yeah? I could be your assistant for the day, give Amanda the day off?"

I stood upright, pulling her close to me. I scanned the hallway, making sure no one could hear me.

"You could be my personal personal assistant," I whispered against her ear, earning a giggle from her.

"And what are the requirements of that job?" She asked, grinning as she bit down on her lip.

The elevator opened and I cleared my throat, grinning down at Lena. Milo stepped out of the elevator, stopping in his tracks.

"Hey, Jo," he greeted.

"Look at how much this idiot's grown," I said, folding my arms over my chest.

"Hi, Milo," Lena greeted, holding her arms out for a hug.

He winked over at me and wrapped his arms around her neck, rolling his eyes back into his head with a smile.

I slapped the back of his head. "That's my wife you're fantasizing about."

Lena laughed, making Milo let go of her. "Well, you shouldn't get to keep her all to yourself. In my personal opinion. Very selfish, Jo."

I could see Cecilia's eyes locked on the three of us, a grimace on her face that was impossible not to detect.

"You're cute, Mi," Lena said, patting his bicep.

"Feel that? I bet it's more than Jo's got."

"I don't need to prove my masculinity to you by flexing my bicep," I said, folding my arms over my chest, "but it's not."

Lena laughed, pulling her hair down from the ponytail it was in. "I've seriously got to run, very soon."

Milo's jaw was agape as he watched her rake her fingers through her hair. I allowed him to fantasize, or whatever the hell he was doing, for a moment longer before snapping him back into reality with a hard slap on his back.

"Come on," I said, "wipe the drool."

He shoved me back, chuckling. "Dick."

I pressed a kiss to Lena's temple. "I'll be home early today."

"Yeah?" She asked, looking up at me.

I winked. Milo wrapped an arm around her neck, grinning. "I'll be home early today, with flowers."

"Irresistible, I tell you," Lena teased, patting his stomach, "bye, guys. Don't get too wild while I'm gone."

Milo and I stood beside each other and watched as she walked towards the elevator.

"She wears that outfit really well," he quietly admitted, rubbing the nape of his neck.

"I've been lucky enough to see-"

"Oh, my God, I get it," he groaned, leaning his head back, "you two have sex all the time. God."

"I was going to say her in sweatpants and a big t-shirt, but okay," I said, "maybe you should have some sex."

I stopped at Cecilia's desk, reaching into the candy jar. "This should be illegal."

She giggled, looking up at me as she stacked some papers. "What?"