Chapter Two: Rylee

Note: All characters and settings are purely fictional. If there are any similarities to real people or places, it is merely coincidental. The plot was written by me and not copied from any other writer.

Tyler Walters was not your typical teenager. He hosted hang outs at his house not because his parents were rarely home but rather they didn't mind him having people over. Of course, that meant no alcohol, no drugs, and no sex. Unfortunately for Mr. and Mrs. Walters, all three of those rules were broken from the inception of Tyler's mini parties. Not that they knew, the football players barely indulged in alcohol during the season, and drugs were a big no due to their monthly drug tests. Sex, however, was their drug. They fed off of it during the season. It was no surprise considering the high teenage pregnancy rates among Devenport Football players throughout the years. I would know, my brother, Ryland was the product of the Devenport Football Season tradition.

According to Ryland, who was also a football player at Devenport during his high school years, there is a hit it, stick it and quit it policy during the season. At the start of the season, each player picks a girl, has sex with her (hit it), and routinely has sex with her throughout the season (stick it) and then dumps her (quit it) at the end of the season. It is a pretty trashy tradition but Ryland swears by its effectiveness. I think he just wants to justify his existence. Unfortunately, I'm probably the only one who thinks the tradition is pure trash. Even Tatum and Khloe abide by the tradition by breaking up for two weeks after the last game of the season. They always get back together like two attracting magnets.

Arriving at Tyler's house, I let Destiny know I'm heading to the bathroom. I've been by Tyler's so much it's like second nature to run upstairs to the bathroom. I flick on the light switch and stare at myself in the mirror. I'm decent. My hair is still in a high ponytail with my blue glitter bow attached. My Tiger's cheer uniform is still neat and pressed. My makeup is a bit dull but I'm okay with the way my caramel skin hits at night. I'm decent. Not my best look but not my worst, I think. I take in deep breaths. I'm not the best with parties like these but it comes with the territory of being a Devenport Cheerleader.

I reapply my lip gloss in the mirror, sending air kisses to my reflection once my plump lips are nicely shined. Before I could hype myself up, the door burst open and I jump to the side of the tub. I clench my heart slightly.

"What are you trying to do? Give me a heart attack?!" I shout, not looking at the person who invaded my safe space. I direct my eyes to the intruder and my gasp is caught in my throat. I knew those brown eyes anywhere.

He says nothing. He never does. The few seconds he stares me down, I take in his appearance. He changed out of his uniform for some black joggers, a white T, and some sneakers. His hair is still damp and I wonder if he went home and took a shower. It was possible. Tyler's house wasn't far from his. I suddenly became aware of his scent. The room filled with his intense and vibrant aura. I suddenly felt small across from him. My nose embraced the aroma of mint leaves and lemon. He did take a shower.

My mouth opened to apologize but Theo walked out of the room as if he could care less about me. Of course, he didn't. Why would he talk to me after three years of ignoring me? I exhaled the breath I was holding in during our exchange.