Chapter Four: Theo

Note: All characters and settings are purely fictional. If there are any similarities to real people or places, it is merely coincidental. The plot was written by me and not copied from any other writer.

The way Rylee Scott moves is mesmerizing. She has a way of making simple movements seem so graceful and magnetic. She is dancing to some upbeat song and the way her hips move in her cheer uniform arouses me more than it should. I've seen her cheer before but I've never wanted to press her body against mines until this very moment.

Sure, I've noticed how pretty she is. She has the prettiest brown eyes, round cheeks with dimples, and the plump lips she bites on whenever she's confused. Her hair is a dark brown with luscious curls that compliment her smooth caramel skin. Fuck! Why was I thinking about her?

"Then, find a way to get her out of your system. Shout at her, insult her, kiss her, or fuck her." 

Hayden's words haunt me. Maybe that's why I can't get her out of my head. I've always kept her at bay. I don't speak to her. Not even to shout at her for everything she said and did. Now, the pent up frustration is getting to my head. I shake my head. Thinking those thoughts will only cause unnecessary issues. Yet, my eyes drift to her. She's staring back at me. Those damn brown eyes. I do the one thing she least expects, I point to the direction of the door. Those eyes widen for a moment and her lips open slightly. I barely hold back the smirk on my face before I head towards the door. I don't look to see if she's following me. I know she will. She's the type to let curiosity kill her.

I'm staring at the pool when I hear the door close. The footsteps are light but I know they're hers. She doesn't stand next to me. Instead, she opts to stand behind me. I'm a bit annoyed but I'm not here to argue about her standing position.

"Did you want to talk?" Her voice is like honey. How many times did I hear it in class, through the halls or during games? Too many to count but enough to know enough about her, enough to know she's confused but I don't care.

"You know about the tradition?" I say before I could register the weight of what I had just done. What am I thinking? Didn't I just tell Hayden I wouldn't participate in the stupid tradition?

"Yeah, but what does this have-" she responded but I was too far gone into this stupid plan. Hayden was right. I needed to get Rylee out of my head. I needed to do something. So I did. I spun around and wrapped my arms around her waist. Her uniform burned my fingertips but it excited me.

"What are you do-" she protested but I pulled her against my body. My hand cupped her right cheek as I stare into her searching eyes. She was confused but she didn't push me away. Her hands against my chest fueled a desire in me.

"Rylee Scott, starting tonight, you are officially my girl for the season." I watched her eyes widen. She looked around possibly believing this was a joke. I couldn't blame her. We spent the past three years ignoring each other. Her lips parted for a second in an attempt to protest. But those eyes, they told me everything I needed to know. I crashed my lips onto her beautiful mouth. She didn't welcome me at first. The kiss was rough and hard but I move against her sugary lips as if my life depended on it. I felt her hands grab tightly onto my t-shirt before she parted her lips and kissed me back. Her touch is electrifying and her scent is driving me crazy. Thoughts of me and her and everything I wanted to do to her invades my mind. It is enough encouragement for me to pull away.

She's standing there astonished with those swollen lips and it takes every fiber of my good judgment not to finish what we've started but there are a few things I forgot to mention.

I clear my throat and take a step back from her, "This isn't going to be the normal arrangement."

Her head shoots up, "What do you mean?"

I scowl thinking about the stupid stipulations of this tradition, "I'm not some sex craze pig. While the idea of fucking you is pleasing, I don't want that to be the premise of this." Rylee looks at me with those gorgeous brown eyes and I'm almost tempted to say fuck it. Having sex with her would ease the tension between us but it doesn't seem like the right thing to do, especially with someone like Rylee.

"So, what then?"

"We date. For the rest of the season, you're my girl." At that moment, I understood why I kept coming to Tyler's parties. It wasn't because they were hype. It wasn't because Hayden made me or that Tatum threatened me. It was because Rylee would be there. Rylee is the answer to why.