three

Dom was making it worse. Where Becca hadn't realized so far that there was something going on between them, she now lowered her phone she had taken out of her pocket for a selfie and looked from Dom to Julia, back to Dom.

"She's- She's my girlfriend yeah. Do you- you know each other?"

Even though it was a question aimed at Dom, Becca had turned her head to stare at Julia, probably waiting for her to answer. The only thing Julia could do was stare at her feet while biting her lip.

Both Julia and Dom didn't say anything as they both didn't know what to say, but the silence was loud enough for Becca to understand they did know each other.

"Julia what the fuck?"

"I wanna go home Bec," was the only thing Julia said quietly, grabbing Becca's hand that she had let go of just a few seconds ago. Becca moved her hand away and shook her head.

"You have to fucking explain this to me first," she said, starting to grow somewhat angry. "You said you didn't know him!"

Julia looked at Dom only shortly because she knew those last words Becca said would hurt him. And it obviously did, because she could see his eyes starting to shine from where she was standing, and she wasn't even so close to him.

"I think he just meant that he's surprised we're a couple," Julia tried to save herself, but Becca laughed sarcastically and shook her head.

"You guys obviously know each other. How the fuck-?!"

She kept turning her head so she looked at Dom for a few seconds and then at Julia, and she kept doing this as she was waiting for an answer.

"I know him from art schoo-"

"Julia," Dom interrupted her before she could even finish her lie. She looked at him and he frowned at her. "You don't."

Julia sighed and realized how messed up it was right now, so she felt a wave of anger coming up.

"What do you want me to tell her, huh?!" she yelled at Dom, who was obviously taken aback by her loud voice. His eyes widen again.

"You want me to tell her we dated but you fucking cheated?! Is that what you want me to say to her now?! In front of you?! Do you want to look like a fucking fool?!" she yelled angrily. Neither Dom nor Becca moved, but Julia couldn't stop now once she had started. All the anger she had kept to herself for the past months came up again.

"It's what you deserve, though! Looking like a fucking fool! Because that's what you fucking are! You broke my heart, Dom! After you told me a thousand times that you'd never-"

She hadn't expected herself to choke up; she didn't even want to. She just wanted to yell at him without even showing emotions. But she couldn't stop the tears from forming in her eyes.

"-you'd never hurt me," she finished quietly, swallowing away the lump in her throat.

When Becca and Dom still didn't move, Julia turned around acting like a tear wasn't about to run down her cheek and she said "that's how I know him."

Becca was the first one to say something and stopped her from walking away.

"You could've told me about it Julia."

"I was fucking heartbroken I wanted to forget it," Julia said a little louder than she'd normally do just to make sure Dom heard it.

"I understand but-

Becca didn't finish her sentence as Dom quietly started sobbing in his hands, distracting her. He looked so fragile, and something in Julia gave her that specific feeling in her stomach again, but she wasn't going to accept it this time.