twenty-nine

Thirty seconds was all it took for Dom to rush over to the side of the venue where Max and Julia were waiting for him. As soon as Julia saw Dom's anxious look because he knew something was wrong, Julia started crying again.

"Honey."

Dom wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her up for a second before he put her on her feet again just so he could press her head on his shoulder and keep his hand on the top of her head to let her cry.

He had his head resting against hers, but it didn't take long for him to lift his head up to ask "what the fuck happened?"

The tone in his voice made it clear he was talking to Max instead of Julia, as it was barely as soft as it was whenever he talked to her. She just knew the difference.

"Benjamin tried to, I don't know-" Max told Dom, not even finishing his sentence. It was enough though for Dom to freak out.

"He was here?!"

Dom unconsciously pressed Julia's head harsher against his shoulder when he heard Benjamin's name.

"Yeah," Max answered. "He tried to talk to her. I saw him holding her wrist to stop her from leaving."

The tone in which Max was speaking betrayed that he didn't even want to be involved at all. He sounded too unbothered for that. Julia knew he didn't regret saving her from Benjamin, though.

"Tell me you're fucking kidding," Dom said seriously, but there was no answer. Julia guessed Max shook his head as an answer instead, because just a few moments later Dom took her head off his shoulder to hold her face fiercely.

"Did he hurt you Jules?" he asked her with his jaws almost clenched together. "Did he fucking hurt you?!"

Julia couldn't help but be scared of Dom's reaction. He looked like he was going to hurt someone any second, even though she knew it wasn't her. It was just scary.

She shot her eyes from Dom to Max as tears were still rolling down her face, not knowing what to say to Dom as she didn't want him to be even more upset.

"I think you're hurting her right now, though," Max spoke unexpectedly after him and Julia had made eye contact twice and he could obviously see the panic in her eyes.

Dom didn't listen to Max, though, and he never loosened the grip on Julia's face as he asked her "did he do something to you?"

Even though tears were on her cheeks, the direct eye contact with Dom and the way he was looking directly at her with eyes that were filled with anger, did stop Julia from crying. It wasn't necessarily a good thing, though.

"No," Julia finally breathed out, hoping it would calm Dom down and he would let her go. But he didn't.

"What did he say to you? Where the fuck is he now?!"

"Dude calm down," Max told Dom after another moment of panicked eye contact with Julia. He laid his hand on Dom's shoulder to make him let go, but instead of letting go, Dom shook his shoulder to get rid of Max's hand. He still ignored Max like he wasn't even there.

"I wanna know what he did."

Julia gasped when Dom started shaking Julia just to get an answer out of her, which was enough for Max to pull Dom back by his arm so that Dom wasn't holding Julia's face anymore. She quickly took a step back from him, hiding her hands behind her back as she was too embarrassed of how much she was shaking because of him.

"You need to stay the fuck out of it." Dom turned around to look at Max and at the same time slapped his hand away. Max immediately threw his hands in the air to make sure Dom wouldn't start fighting him, but Dom didn't even pay attention to him anymore and turned around to ask Julia "what did he do?!"