twenty-five

Julia: the kids at work were so annoying today ugh

Julia: i'm dead tired now

Dom: dead tired and it's only 6pm :(

Julia: "only" bruh i've been up since 7

Dom: oh

Dom: i woke up at 2 hahaha

Julia: yeah i expected that

Dom: anyway i'm sorry they exhausted you

Dom: was it matthew? that's what the little boy is called right?

Julia: nooo i love matthew

Julia: i'm not gonna say names it's no really professional

Dom: i'm your boyfriend...

Julia: so?

Dom: ...

Julia: that's not gonna change anything.

Dom: ok then.

Julia: ANYWAYYY what are you doing tonight?

Dom: omg i haven't told you yet but i'm doing a small m&g for the people i didn't get to meet after the show a week ago

Julia: oh the one were i passed out :(

Dom: yes 🥺

Dom: i promised the girls i'd meet them again soon so i decided to contact them and meet them today

Julia: you're so fucking cute

Julia quickly hid the phone and turned towards the tv when she heard someone approaching her room. It had became normal for her to lock her bedroom door every time she was texting Dom, but she knew she hadn't done that now.

And it was good she had hidden her phone, because her mom opened her door just seconds later.

Julia smiled weakly, waiting for her mother to smile back as they were on good terms again as long as they didn't talk about Dom.

But she never smiled back, instead she frowned deeply and mumbled "pack your stuff."

Julia's smile vanished. "What do you- Why?"

"You really thought I'm dumb, huh?! You thought your plan or whatever it was, was good."

By the way her mom raised her voice a little, Julia knew it was going to end in a fight. And maybe worse, as Julia could guess what it was about.

"What are you talking about?!" Julia answered frustratedly, deciding not to guess anything yet.

"You know I speak to Emma nearly every day, right? You know we're friends?" her mom said as her voice got louder and louder. Julia always hated the way her mom talked to her as if she was stupid.

"Who is Emma?"

"Matthew's mom."

That was when she knew for sure. Even though she had knew it from the second her mom came into her room, this was the moment Julia felt her heart sink.

"Right," Julia could just mumble, looking away.

"She asked me how long you've had a boyfriend already. She said you two are cute by the way," her mother went on sarcastically, making Julia angry although she didn't show it and just sat and stared at the tv.