twenty-four

"You told your mom you're at a friend's house for movie night, right?"

Julia nodded and looked up at Dom once he had paused the two-hour movie they had been watching together. She was laying on his chest, his arms around her and his hands in her hair the entire time, massaging her head.

"I would've told her I was gonna have a sleepover at my 'friend's' house but I'm not allowed to sleep somewhere else anymore."

Dom nodded, kissing her head. "I think you have to go soon then before she gets suspicious."

Julia sighed, burying her face in his chest and breathing in slowly to smell him. His clothes always smelled so good, as it was his own smell mixed with his cologne.

"Can we at least finish the movie?" she asked him, not taking her face away from his sweater.

"As long as you won't get in trouble," Dom answered and he moved again, probably reaching out to resume the movie.

"I won't," Julia said determinedly and she smiled widely while turning her head towards the tv again to watch, her head always resting on Dom's chest so she could hear his heartbeat.

Just as she was about to fall asleep, the movie ended which meant she had to go soon. As soon as she felt Dom stretch Julia closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around Dom's body so he couldn't leave the couch.

"You have to go," Dom told her, obviously smiling down at her. She wanted to tell him she didn't want to, but instead she just didn't move and kept her eyes closed.

"Jules," Dom chuckled, stroking his thumb over her cheek, up and down. Julia let him do it and didn't react to it.

"I'd want to lay like this for much longer too, I promise."

"Surprise me again soon, okay?" Julia mumbled, and Dom stopped moving his hand for a moment once she started talking.

"Okay."

That satisfied Julia; she slowly pushed herself up just to be able to look at Dom. He smiled once they made eye contact and Julia slowly brought her lips to his.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked him after a short kiss.

"Is this only to stretch time?" Dom asked her teasingly, pinching the skin of her cheek while he was holding her face.

"Too," Julia admitted, "but it's also a serious question."

Dom nodded and stared into her eyes awaitingly.

"Did you start liking me again after those months of being apart or would you say you still like me?"

Dom blew air out of his nose as a way to laugh. "I'm pretty sure I never really stopped liking you."

Julia smiled. "Me neither."

That made Dom frown and he distanced himself from Julia a little. "But you had a girlfriend."

"Yes, and every time she was asleep I would read our old conversations just to remind myself of how I would feel."

Dom raised an eyebrow before she started to laugh. "That's..."

"Really fucking weird," Julia filled in and he could just nod and laugh again, even though he wouldn't have worded it like that himself.

"Whatever. Our conversations were just funny," Julia said fondly, knowing really well that wasn't the reason she kept reading them over and over again.

"Sure baby."

The way that made her feel made her realize that she had, in fact, never stopped liking Dom. She had just tried to forget about him for a long time.

doncaster city lights II | YUNGBLUDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara