1. Her life

Thanks for giving this story a chance, I hope you will love this story.
I would like to thank itsraining_again for helping with the editing of these initial parts. ❤❤❤

A girl clad in a blue lehenga ran with some gifts in her hands. She almost slipped because of her dress, but still, she was not giving any importance to how her dupatta was almost falling from the way it came across her shoulder. 

"Just one more turn then this will be done." She said to herself while keeping the gifts in the car's backseat, parked at her doorsteps.

This is Samaira Singh, 23 years old, a very simple and innocent girl. She was the kind of girl every parent would be proud to have. She was beautiful and intelligent, and just completed her graduation. She wanted to study medicine but that cost a lot of money and she didn’t want to be a burden on her uncle. 

Her parents died when she was just 6 years old, from that time onwards, she was living with her father's brother's family. Her uncle was a kind-hearted person, who couldn't leave his only brother's little girl crying on her parent's dead body. So, he brought her home. 

Well, not everyone was happy with this in his family. They were still not. But she always tried to make her aunt happy. She did everything as per orders, so she didn't get pissed.

They have a daughter, named Dhriti, who is 3 years older than her. It's her wedding today. Her uncle and the family were so happy when this alliance happened. 

The whole house was decorated, everyone celebrated the occasion for 3 days with Sangeet, Haldi and Mehandi functions. Many relatives and neighbours came to congratulate the bride and brought some gifts for her.

The music was being played at one corner of the party centre. Some friends of the bride were also dancing. The food services included some of the best catering from the town who would cook various kinds of delicious dishes to make the wedding ceremony even more memorable. 

And it should be. It was the marriage of the country's one of the richest family's son.

The Rajvansh were the most respectful people, their ancestors were the zamindars and later they started doing their business outside the town. Now, their grandson, Abhimaan Rajvansh is expanding the business all over India even in other countries.

He was 28 years old, the most handsome eligible bachelor of India. He was every girl's dream. Just a glance at him. But he had a reserved personality. He was a rude, arrogant and egoistic businessman. But that's just what he was. He was proud of everything he had achieved. He never mixed business with pleasure, making him different from others. 

The news of him getting married came as a shock to everybody. Everyone thought it would be a model or from the business world but his family wanted a girl from a decent family from their hometown. 

"What is this, Samaira? Have I not told you to finish this before the arrival of guests?" Her aunt Damini, her face covered with wrinkles, well in her 50s, yelled at Samaira, who had come to the room to pick up the rest of the gifts. 

"Aunty, I was-" She looked down as she didn't want to see the anger in her aunt's eyes, which must be turning red by now. 

"What excuse are you making now? Because I know you were just roaming around the whole day" her aunt spat in anger. 

Samaira shook her head in denial. "That is not the truth, aunty,"

She had been working forever. She had other work to do given by her aunt or aunt's relatives. 

But she could not complain. It was not her right. How could she? They gave her a place to live, food to eat and they even let her study. In return, at least she could do some small chores for them, right?

"Now, do you want to waste all the time here or are you going to do something productive?" She said while keeping other stuff in her tray, making her lose her balance. But she kept quiet and muttered sorry. 

"Now don't start complaining to your uncle, he already thinks that I'm a villain," Damini said, twisting her lips. She never liked Samaria. 

The day her husband brought his brother's daughter home and announced that she would live with them, she started hating her. She didn't want that. They were not rich people and were trying hard to meet their needs and live a decent normal life. 

"Ma’am, some guests were asking about you," A waiter informed her. She left with him, eyeing Samaria strictly. 

Samaira just nodded her head, wanting to leave the room. She had no guts to reply back or even give a proper answer to her. 

Her eyes brimmed with tears but she controlled them. She didn't want her uncle to see her like that. Her uncle treated her like his own. Manier times she became the reason for the rift between her uncle and aunt. Every time her aunt blames her. 

Dhriti, her uncle's daughter, kept her distance from Samaira. She got everything without asking for it, even got the love of her parents which Samaria always craved for.

Shrugging off all the thoughts, she kept everything in the car. Soon, she saw the baraat coming from the main door. All guests were standing there to welcome the groom and the Rajvansh family. 

"How will I go inside?" She thought, biting her lower lip. She couldn't just wait there. She had to go and check on Dhriti if she needed anything. She didn't want her aunt to get angry at her, again.

Finding no other option, she went in from the back door. Reaching there, it was a little dark and the lighting was low. By the hallway, she knocked on the door. She waited for some time but no answer.

"Dhriti Di, baraat has arrived." She said while knocking on the door. But she got no reply. She got a little tense. She heard the sound of something falling. (Di is the salutation used for older sister)

"Di, everything okay?" She asked with concern. Still, she got no reply. 

She couldn't take it anymore, she was getting worried about her. She opened the door to get shocked. No one was there. 

Dhriti’s bridal dress and jewellery were lying on the bed. The room was all messed up, the cupboards and windows were wide open. She saw a note on the table. 

Samaira could not believe her eyes. The note stated, "I can't do this. I'm sorry, I'm leaving. I love someone else and will marry him" 

The note fell from her trembling hand. She was scared.

She has no idea of the upcoming storm that is going to change her life completely. 

..........

The word “Sangeet“ means music, but when it is used as a term to describe a celebratory event during an Indian wedding it translates to Music Night or Musical party. This musical night is a celebration of the union of not only the couple but the bonding of both families, basically a bachelor/bachelorette party.

The Haldi ceremony is a ritual holy bath which is one of the pre-wedding ceremonies in India. Turmeric, oil and water are applied to both the bride and groom by married women on the morning of the wedding. The mixture is believed to bless the couple before the wedding. 

Applying Mehendi to the bride and the groom before the wedding is one of the oldest Indian traditions. The ceremony, however, entails an elaborate application of Mehendi designs on a bride’s hands and feet. As for the groom, a mere token of application of henna is a mark of a good omen.

Baraat is a groom’s wedding procession in India and Pakistan. In Indian communities, it is customary for the bridegroom to travel to the wedding venue on a mare, accompanied by his family members. 
.
.
.

This is it for now. It's Samaira's life. Doing everything but still got scold. Poor girl. It's not done yet, her life is going to turn upside down soon.

I hope you like it.

Let's meet in the comment section. Share your views about it.

Love ❤❤